Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

I feed the $hit out of my coral beauty and he still picks all day long. No polyps so far but he does pick at the corals. Good luck! Tank is looking great. How do you handle pest control? Id hate to see you end up like me with a thriving tank then all of a sudden you gotta deal with something...

With the fish I do not quarantine. I know it is bad, but I cannot set up a hospital tank (GF wont let me). With the corals, I do an Iodine dip before every coral goes in the tank. I have found iodine effective on FW, red bugs, and pods. I am fairly confident that it is doing its job. I am sure coral revive/coralrx would be better, but idodine dips have not done me wrong as of yet.

More pics of the light!!

What do you want pics of specifically? I can see what I can do about getting pics of certain things.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fixture is pretty epic. I can't wait to be able to control the features as I have a mac. I'll post more pics as the corals get used to the fixture.

Just boot camp your Mac !

Just boot camp your Mac !

I don't have a copy of windows to put onto it. I found someone who let me use their pc to program the fixture. I have a nice artificial mode running at 80% for 5 hours on a daytime/nighttime setting. Works really well.

In other news, I have become dissatisfied with the stand that I had built for me. It is not that it is unstable, but that there were plastic spacers put in each corner of the stand to lift it off the ground as to not scratch the floor. The pressure of the tank has created bows in the mid section of the stand and a section of the facade of the stand has warped where the screws were placed due to this pressure. I am going to be buying an MDF stand from my LFS and replace this in the next week or two. I really and upset about this but I have actually started to lose sleep over the tank stand so I will nip this in the butt asap. It sucks, but it is better than 60g of water on the floor, busted equipment, and having to deal with my renter's insurance company with a claim. I know that everyone was arguing against this stand and it turns out that I should have either bought a tried and true style of stand that I know works or just bought a circle saw and some 2x4s and tried that out. As I am not confident I can build a stand from scratch and have it be flat/stable, I will be going the MDF pro built stand.

That sucks man, seriously. Mdf sucks, make sure it's sealed, too bad you aren't closer, I would of helped you build one.

Too bad. The ones I am looking at from my LFS are built to last and are quality. I think it will be ok.

After reading for a few months, I finally decided on a camera. I got a Canon T2I dslr. I took some pics with it of the tank, but I clearly have a long ways to go on learning how to use it.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0079-1.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

and this pic of the tank in my apartment is for chrishayes.

IMG_0049.jpg

I've always had terrible 'luck' with possum wrasses (I've had 4)..

How's yours? What's the secret?

..also, would you be open to a maeda stand in trade for some sps frags? :o

I've always had terrible 'luck' with possum wrasses (I've had 4)..

How's yours? What's the secret?

..also, would you be open to a maeda stand in trade for some sps frags? :o

I guess I got a healthy specimen right off the bat. Mine eats all the mysis and brine I put in and is very fat and healthy. I found that small pieces of fish is what makes this fish go nuts.

If I hadn't ordered a new stand from the LFS (I have to replace the stand ASAP as the tank is not sitting flush with the stand) would have been game for a trade for sure! I'll let you know next time :)

looks awesome man. How long before all the "dust" in the tank from the move settled?

I haven't moved it yet. I get the new stand on Tuesday so I will be moving it Wednesday I hope.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am really loving this new camera and already want to buy a macro lens for it! Not looking forward to the stand transfer, however.

Hey dude, thanks for lookin out for me! lol that looks like a great place to watch a tank grow up! Also, nice pictures for the first time using it! Photography is just as steep a learning curve as reefing isnt it? Everything looks happy and heathy!

Great shots of the tank.

Thanks!

Hey dude, thanks for lookin out for me! lol that looks like a great place to watch a tank grow up! Also, nice pictures for the first time using it! Photography is just as steep a learning curve as reefing isnt it? Everything looks happy and heathy!

Thanks! I feel a little overwhelmed with this camera. I know that it can take awesome pics, so I just need to figure out how to make it take them lol.

Great shots of the tank.

Thanks!

Tank is looking good. I like the new light. Congrats on the camera. You will love it as you start to get the hang of it.

I am pretty excited about the camera. I keep wanting to pick it up and take pics of the tank or go outside and find things to take pictures of.

The stand transfer went well. Hardly any SPS broke and everything seems to be doing just fine. New stand looks great. I will take pics when the water clears up.

Archived