Innovative Marine Aquariums

SoCal's 60g Cube (Dismantled)

Arkayology

nice selections socal. i'm looking to heavily stock my tank with sps as well. i'm a little worried since i didn't have the best of luck with them in my last tank. i'll be hitting you up for advice in the future ;)

you trying to make it out to reef-a-palooza this wknd?

Ya, I will be trying to make it out there. I need to clear it with the GF though. You can hit me up for advice anytime. I hope I can help you out

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice man, love that scape

Thanks for the comments dude.

we need more pics ... NEED :ninja:

I refuse to post on here until we see the aforementioned pics... Oh - wait.

OK well this does not count.

Hah, you guys are picture vultures! lol :lol: Here are some more pics. I added the clam a couple days ago and one thing lead to another... and the rocks were rearranged all of a sudden! Crazy how these things happen... I need to keep my hands out of the water lol.

IMG_0085-1.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Bad pic of Pink Lemonade. Has great PE

IMG_0095.jpg

Bad iphone pic of new clam

IMG_0097-1.jpg

Not sure what these are called... maybe Fire and Ice? Either way they are insane!

Picked up some Purple Hornets today and have a pickup on Thursday of a Flame Angel (mine died unexpecedly :( ), a Leopard Wrasse, and a cleaner shrimp. Also have a reefcleaners order coming in sometime this week. Radion is coming in too! Lots of stuff going on here.

Hah, you guys are picture vultures!

Thats because Im reefing vicariously though you, until I get back from WHOI

everything looks great!! the new additions are sweet, really digging that setatosa too

nice FTS, when do the lights actually get in?

Your tank is looking great man! I just know this is gonna be a great tank. You are moving VERY fast in stocking. I thought I went quick but dayyyyuumm, whats it been, like a month this things been running?lol

I think you should get some shots of the whole setup and some closeups of the sump and equipment. Id like to see them! Especially like to see shots of where the tank is in the home. I think im the only one that cares to see that stuff. Guess its my female side showing...does this post make me look fat? :blush:

when do the lights actually get in?

I just got off the phone with marinedepot and that said that as of this morning they have not received their shipment from ecotech :angry: I probably will not see my fixture until later this week. I guess I can wait another few days -_-

Your tank is looking great man! I just know this is gonna be a great tank. You are moving VERY fast in stocking. I thought I went quick but dayyyyuumm, whats it been, like a month this things been running?lol

I think you should get some shots of the whole setup and some closeups of the sump and equipment. Id like to see them! Especially like to see shots of where the tank is in the home. I think im the only one that cares to see that stuff.

Ya, I have been waiting to get this thing up and running for awhile so I really wanna get it stocked. I will try and get some more pics of the ins and outs of the tank, but you all will have to deal with my iphone pics. I need to buy a better camera...

Guess its my female side showing...does this post make me look fat? :blush:

lol. Naw baby, you look great. ;) I'll post some pics of the tank in my apt once I clean the place lol. Looks like a trash heap right now.

Did you make it to RAP?

No :( I ended deciding it was too far to drive (almost 3 hours one way). Maybe next year. I heard it was a really good time though. You went right?

Nope. I decided a 2 hour drive was too far on a Sunday. I'll just pay top $$ at Vivid. That is only 20 minutes from me. There are also a couple of guys local with some good stuff. I have been looking for good frags of Pink Lemonade and Red Planet. I just got some stuff from Mr. Coral and waiting for it to color up before I move on anymore SPS.

Thanks puddin pop, youre too flattering...are you happy in your relationship? Shes a lucky gal :flower:

Aww, thanks. Ya, I have been with the same girl for over 5 years now. I'm shopping for a ring atm :o

Deleted User 6

good luck man. :)

this tank is going to look good when it grows in. as fast as you're going though, stay on top of those water changes to keep nutrients from spiking. i did the same thing with my last 40b and had a massive HA outbreak.

Nope. I decided a 2 hour drive was too far on a Sunday. I'll just pay top $$ at Vivid. That is only 20 minutes from me. There are also a couple of guys local with some good stuff. I have been looking for good frags of Pink Lemonade and Red Planet. I just got some stuff from Mr. Coral and waiting for it to color up before I move on anymore SPS.

Ya, It was just too far. I am thinking about going to vivid in a month or two. I am looking for some Darth Mauls and nobody local has any. I did however get the red planet and pink lemonade for 20 bucks a frag local. Really nice sized frags too.

Do you have any pics up on your recent coral order? What did you get?

good luck man. :)

this tank is going to look good when it grows in. as fast as you're going though, stay on top of those water changes to keep nutrients from spiking. i did the same thing with my last 40b and had a massive HA outbreak.

Thanks D. Ya, I am watching the params. I am banking on my 20lbs of established to rock to colonize the dry rock pretty quickly. While they are stable at the moment, I will be doing more frequent water changes for the next month just to make sure.

As a side note, the growth of my SPS is crazy right now. I swear every time I look at the tank the frags look a little bigger lol. A stag that I picked up a week ago has already grown 1cm in a new area. Half of the frags have white tips and are doing very well. Very pleased at the moment.

I am looking for some Darth Mauls and nobody local has any

I have some that are growing out right now, got 1 polyp for $20 it was such a steal, and according to the pics my GF is sending me of my tank, its already 4-5 polyps, I get back in a week and ill do head count, and in another month or so, ill be able to cut a few off for ya

I have some that are growing out right now, got 1 polyp for $20 it was such a steal, and according to the pics my GF is sending me of my tank, its already 4-5 polyps, I get back in a week and ill do head count, and in another month or so, ill be able to cut a few off for ya

Let me know for sure!

:mellow:

:eek:

omgomgomg

:bowdown:

Edit: The coral pic you posted looks awesome!

NICE MAN :D

DUDE....

epic how are you liking the fixture?!?!

The fixture is pretty epic. I can't wait to be able to control the features as I have a mac. I'll post more pics as the corals get used to the fixture.

Archived