Coral Vue Hydros

HalfPint's 40 Breeder

halfpint

omgomgomg

Just dropped nearly two stacks on four separate orders! omgomgomg

This tank is going to kill my savings. No progress on stand. Planning to make major headway this weekend. Pictures of goodies, as soon as they arrive. B)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to pace your pint downing, because Marine Depot estimates delivery Friday. My other diamond drill bit will be early next week.

omgomgomg

PACKAGES!!!

IMG_0012.jpg

UPSFAIL:

IMG_0014.jpg

So many new toys!

IMG_0016.jpg

Making steady progress! Finished up the trim work after these photos, and started filling nail holes. Should be ready for the tank in a couple more weeks.

EB9E4325-orig.jpg

99112A6C-orig.jpg

82B3A306-orig.jpg

0C366287-orig.jpg

E75EF83D-orig.jpg

Sweet! I'm jealous.

What is powering the DC pc fans? Any pics of that? I would love to add some fans to my stand but not sure how to get them all powered easily.

You've got some skills!
Thanks. :blush:

Sweet! I'm jealous.

What is powering the DC pc fans? Any pics of that? I would love to add some fans to my stand but not sure how to get them all powered easily.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817129006

I have to still figure out an enclosure for it. I'm working on the main power cord. I've already cut off the unnecessary wires, and direct soldered the power signal wire and ground wire together. It'll be always-on when plugged in.

omgomgomg
omgomgomg

Well now. This is going to be the ####.
Thanks! I sure hope so, considering how much I've spent just on the stand alone. :lol:

I would suggest you make sure those fans are easy to get to/easy to replace, and go ahead and order a couple extras now. I've got a similar pair in the hood of mine, and they don't last too long. The environment is hard on 'em.

P.S. That's a damn nice lookin' job.

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't last lon, so I'm going to keep the plugs, and they are easy to unscrew. I chose a medium-flow, nearly-silent set of fans. I hope they keep the inside of the stand cool. If not, I'll upgrade to higher- flow, and flip one to blow in.

I plan to mount one more inside the stand to circulate inside air, and two blowing directly over the water of the sump.

• 1 month later...

photo1-2.png

photo2-2.png

photo4-1.png

I'll be putting another, much heavier coat of primer on tomorrow. After curing for a few days, I'll sand it smooth. After that, I'll spray it down with oil base in my HVLP.

Archived