Innovative Marine Aquariums

ScubaRyan's BC14

ScubaRyan

Yeah, i guess when i pulled the connector piece it unplugged it on the inside beneath the reflector. All i had to do was reconnect it. So i got a free replacement plug and ballast!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got back from my weeklong trip and wad expecting an algea infested tank... But nope!

I turned off the lights and pump and just let the little powerhead be the movement.

Came back to what looked like a dead porcelien crab l, but it was just the molting!!

Did a test yesterday:

Temp 79

salinity -> 1.025

pH - 8.0

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate -5

Think its time for a 20% water change and cuc! :)

This looks like it will be a sweet tank (as most do lol). Have you thought about the corals you want yet, I think I read frogspawn was one of them.

thats sweet man congrats on getting engaged!!

Thanks! Hopefully the wedding planning/budget all work out!

This looks like it will be a sweet tank (as most do lol). Have you thought about the corals you want yet, I think I read frogspawn was one of them.

Frogspawn, Torch, Toadstool, Pulsating pom pom xenia if I can find one.. the long branched ones are kinda cool but I really like the pom pom ones.... assorted zoanthids/polyps ... I'd like a brain, but not sure if I have enough space. I have the right front of the tank open on the sandbed, but I dont know if it'll be far enough away from their tentacles that they send out at night?

I also just ordered my CUC from John at reef cleaners, along with some chaeto. I'll be getting it Friday as thats the only day during the week I can do it.

While i'm at work I had my mom deal with the CUC...

cdbc192a.jpg

I also ordered 1 of the brown polyps from john just because... I had her place it on the sand until i get home to glue it

Theyre doing awesome... I ordered the 10 gallon quick crew and 2 hermit crabs... John threw in a whole bunch of snails do i deffinately have way more than i need.. But theyre doing an awesome job.

Temp 79

salinity -> 1.024

pH - 8.2

Amonia - 0.25ppm

Nitrite- 0ppm

Nitrate -10ppm

I'm assuming I have some Ammonia from dead snails or their crap since there's a lot of them, so im going to toss a bunch that I think may be dead as they have been in the spot. Even if they aren't dead I have a whole ton more moving about.

I also seem to have a snail laying eggs as well:

38d9c7f3.jpg

No clue what that white stuff is, maybe eggs. (don't have a SW tank yet). Ammonia is probably from some dead snails that either starved (from not getting the food quick enough) or just died (who knows why). I would think the crabs would gobble up and snails the found. Either way a good water change will get rid of the ammonia.

I took out a bunch of snails yesterday and did another water test today... Its back to 0ppm all across the board.

Might get a cleaner shrimp on Friday if it holds... Ill wait a bit longer for the clowns

Might get a cleaner shrimp on Friday if it holds... Ill wait a bit longer for the clowns

Are you still thinking of getting some type of goby? If you went with a smaller one you could diffidently fit it into your tank without being over crowded since they cling to rocks and the floor and are just so small.(a few Trimma gobies or a yellow clown or green strip). Also quick question are you buying your water or do you have an RO/DI filter?

Make sure to get some pics once the shrimp is in!

Are you still thinking of getting some type of goby? If you went with a smaller one you could diffidently fit it into your tank without being over crowded since they cling to rocks and the floor and are just so small.(a few Trimma gobies or a yellow clown or green strip). Also quick question are you buying your water or do you have an RO/DI filter?

Make sure to get some pics once the shrimp is in!

Yea, im planning on getting a yellow clown goby eventually. It'll be after I get the clowns though. What should I get to feed the cleaner shrimp since I wont be feeding fish yet?

I buy the water from the LFS. Ill eventually get an rodi filter though.

What should I get to feed the cleaner shrimp since I wont be feeding fish yet?

I have heard lots of people feed all their animals (corals,fish and invets) rod's food.It has a bunch of stuff that most things will eat herbivores and carnivores, their slogan is "The Original "Complete Reef Food"", lots of people say there animals love it so I would give that a try(and you can feed your fish and corals too once you get them).

just put a really small amount in so you don't muck up the water.

Picked up a peppermint shrimp and cleaner yesterday...

98ed3d42.jpg

My fiancee picked out and bought a frag of zoas for me as well! :)

f4c99667.jpg

That was about 15 minutes of light

SouthFlorida_Tron

any FTS now that theres stuff in there?

ATTACK OF THE CUBES!!!! i told em we be takin ovaaa!

nice to see you got some stuff in there. I like how the peppermint is hiding in the background of the zoa shot haha.

nice to see you got some stuff in there. I like how the peppermint is hiding in the background of the zoa shot haha.

He's sneaky. Ill get a FTS later when i get some more stuff in there.. It barely looks any different with the 1 frag...

I do have another hitch hiker crab that needs to come out though.... He's small and fast though

Archived