Coral Vue Hydros

ScubaRyan's BC14

ScubaRyan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol dang that guy looks like a beast lol! Good catch

Yea, he didnt even try to pinch me... I was surprised

Anyone know what this growth is on the rock? It came pure white but after being under the lights 8 hrs a day its starting to turn brown..It sheds off fleshy white strands as well

292f2949.jpg

28b34042.jpg

e361b36a.jpg

New scape, what I was originally going for!

Looks sweet. Did you epoxy any of it, or just stack?

Looking good.

It's just stacked , they lock together quite well

Lol thats the way to go!! Jk looks good reminds me of my old biocube

Temp 78-80

salinity -> 1.024

pH - 8.0

Amonia - 0.25ppm

Nitrite - 0.25ppm

Nitrate -10ppm

I also got my StevieT intank media basket and goodies! Changed out the pump for the maxi-jet 900... didn't install the media basket or filterfloss/chemi-pure until after the cycle.

I realized my lights are on for 10 hrs by the time I get home, i dont have a timer so I cant set it to come on later... This is probably why i have quite a bit of hair algae in 2 rocks. The dry rock has the most.

Should I scrub it off with a tooth brush?

Yea, ive seen several starting and have read a lot of established ones. I was originally going for a BC29 but decided to go smaller and put it on my dresser.

Only reason I think the Goby/shrimp combo would be good is because they arent active swimmers like clowns and spend all their time in one other, or so i've read. Hopefully somebody with anlot of experience will chime in.

I dont want to post without some pic so here's a dive pic i took, my favorite one of a blenny.

ac404d89.jpg

Cool. A little off topic here, but what kind of underwater camera did you use. I can't get my olympus stylus 1030 to shoot that vividly. Also, what reef were you on?

I use a canon g10 in an ikelite housing with 2 ikelite ds51 strobes..The strobes make a world of difference underwater. Pictures would be a lot better if I had a focus light as well.

It was at Blue Heron Bridge in Riveria Beach, so not a reef. It's known for a lot of unique creatures and octopus at night

I use a canon g10 in an ikelite housing with 2 ikelite ds51 strobes..The strobes make a world of difference underwater. Pictures would be a lot better if I had a focus light as well.

It was at Blue Heron Bridge in Riveria Beach, so not a reef. It's known for a lot of unique creatures and octopus at night

I haven't been there since my certification dive about 100 years ago! So that was taken at night? I'm going to have to check it out.

That was taken in the day, i dont have a focus light so i cant shoot at night. I wish I could!

I realized my lights are on for 10 hrs by the time I get home, i dont have a timer so I cant set it to come on later... This is probably why i have quite a bit of hair algae in 2 rocks. The dry rock has the most.

Should I scrub it off with a tooth brush?

10hrs is fine. Nothing to worry about there. I'd let it be until the cycles done. It'll give the cuc something to do when they go in. Then brush what they leave.

If you brush it away now, it'll just come right back.

10hrs is fine. Nothing to worry about there. I'd let it be until the cycles done. It'll give the cuc something to do when they go in. Then brush what they leave.

If you brush it away now, it'll just come right back.

Ill be leaving the lights off for 7 days as im going away, that wont effect the cycle any will it?

Temp 79

salinity -> 1.024

pH - 8.2

Amonia - 0-0.25ppm it's pretty much between the 2

Nitrite - 0ppm

Nitrate -20ppm

Looks like the cycle is nearing the end? I still have 2 weeks before I even put the CUC in there as I'm going away for a week.

Yea, i moved the rock that was infront of it to the other side so it's more noticeable... Coral should cover up the hole tho! I think im ready for the CUC as well but im waiting till I get back from the cruise next week... More time cant hurt!

Things are looking good so far. Did you get your moonlights working? Mine weren't working at first either, and so I called Oceanic. They replaced them, but the new ones didn't work. I did some Googling and found that some Biocubes come with the moonlight wiring reversed. I did some cutting and splicing to switch the +\- connections, and they've been working ever since! I'd do some research before cutting anything though.

Archived