Pod Your Reef

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late FTS but unfortunately the tank been going through a minor change but here are some upgrade and what's lies beneath the tank is inside the middle chamber.

New Toys and more...

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

Say hello to a small world of Minis!

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

Picked up a new mate for the tank. Everything is still looking good, thriving, and growing in. other news that i have not post back in September is very sad that i didn't want to discourage anyone but sadly i found my super s'more clownfish laying on it side and pasted away. The month before september i did an emergency rescue on the little fellow because i notice he was breathing heavy so i put it a separated container and add some stress coat. He made back to 100% healthy and eating well until later on i was there to save him. i bury the poor little guy and wasn't thinking about anymore fish for awhile. This month my wife surprised me and i was sure surprised and was glad she got me a new mate. Actually there is 2 instead of one.

Pictures sure to come soon!

Here is the new pictures as promise! Some quick shots i took. Sorry for the bad quality but i was in a hurry to class. Enjoy! Can you find out who's the new mates?

FTS:

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9883.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_9890.jpg

IMG_9895.jpg

IMG_9897.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

IMG_9907.jpg

IMG_9881.jpg

LivingStrong08

Looks great!!! I love my Bonsai Inspired Solana XL 67! The shading etc, is awesome with the rock work like this. :)

Keep it up!

Timmy G

UH OH! What is this for??? TAKE A GOOD GUESS!

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

... For your thermostat? :huh:

Nuh-Uh! :P

its to cover your termostato! :P

top down photo box? or just to look down?

Nope, not for looking but good idea though.

quick question

where did you get the cabinet that you turned into your stand from?

My stand came from my good ole local hardware store "Lowes"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the other question?

I needed to find a good reasonable spot to move out my MP10wEs's because i need to make some room inside the cabinet and also i didn't want to interfere and put it on the side so i decided to place it in the back of the stand. I drilled a small 1" hole and ran all my MP10's wires into the spot where i wanted to place the Clear Thermosat box! I also wanted to lock it up from my 20 months baby girl that is about to be terrible 2's. You all know how that goes. So here you have it my own custom clear box MP10w ES, fits perfectly 2 inside by side. When i need to adjust i just use the keys that unlock the box and adjust the setting on my MPs. I find it to be amazing to keep it out from my little child from messing with it and i don't have to ever worry about overheating inside the cabinet. It also have mini vented so that the heat from the MPs can evaporate out the box.

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

Sorry about the unclear pictures but this is just some sample from the back of the tank.

The time to put it together took about 35mins include setting up and taking apart the MP10s and re-put together.

Equipment uses:

-Universal Thermosat box, under $20.00 comes with Keys and screws

-Power drill about 1" or 1/2" to drill holes and run the wires

-Need a screw driver.

I hope this is some help for anyone that might have children or just wanted to keep it looking nice and clean. It's the next best thing to do for your tank and keep it safe for everyone.

Good idea Espresso! How's the Cherub behaving? I have mine for a little over a year now :) it's my oldest fish :lol:

Abouth that BM doser. does it need to be programmed or setup with a controller or it can work as is? How do you like it?

Archived