ReefCleaners.org

Tron's SPS Legacy

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
oh man u got a clam now too? start testing calcium. u were suppose to be slowing down! :P

Traded that huge open brain,

Been testing... It's around 480. Need magnesium though, any idea? Salifert?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Dang! FTS looks great. This tank has made leaps in just a couple months.

You know what would make your FTS look even better. Yank that big o mag float and replace with this...

http://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fish...IMTAMCM-vi.html

works better (gets the rounded corners) and much less invasive.

Ya the Matt oat doesn't really have too strong of a magnet and misses a lot of gunk, this one is that much better? Maybe I'll order it with a bunch of upgraded test kits.

doppelganger

until the hanna mag colorimeter comes out, yes salifert is probably one of the top choices. Elos as well.

Traded that huge open brain,

Been testing... It's around 480. Need magnesium though, any idea? Salifert?

Yeah salifert is your best bet...I've heard that the new Red Sea tests area absolutely junk.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Today's list:

Salifert: calcium, nitrate, magnesium. (anything else? I have elos phosphates n use API for ph,alk)

Nanomag

Jbj nano glo, try a fuge

Today's list:

Salifert: calcium, nitrate, magnesium. (anything else? I have elos phosphates n use API for ph,alk)

Nanomag

Jbj nano glo, try a fuge

I'm using the JBJ nano glo. I've got no complaints. Didn't change my heat, more than enough light, over a year now and no bulb replacement.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have no phosphate issues but my nitrate stay around 10. I stirred up the tank and lots of junk so it jumped to 20, but I'll do a WC tomorrow and it'll drop again....it's so weird.

I'm hoping chaeto will lower it, and balance the pH at might.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just placed the orders for:

D&T supply - Salifert calc, n03, magn

MarineDepot - JBJ Nano Glo, nano mag, purigen & CPE refresh

:)

You got the BOP! :)

Mine is bleached and browned-out. It has redish polyps with a tank skin color.

If you don't already, give it Oyster Feast and it will more than fully extend.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ya silly, u knew I got the oyster feast lol.... Mines awesome, it's more full than at the LFS.

SouthFlorida_Tron

dropped a wad of Chaeto into the display to try and control a bit of nitrates, my nano glo comes friday, which the chaeto will be moved to the back chambers to better control the pH swings....

SouthFlorida_Tron

Stuff came in today. Set up the fuge in back chamber. Tricky but figured it out....couldn't get the nano glo to fit right so I secured it evenly to the window with Velcro FTW!

Also got the nano mag, kinda weird that it's a bit of foam with a scrbber but much smaller than mag float and cleans corners way better!

Changed out my chemical filtration too....I had em double bagged and I think it was clogging flow and becoming a nitrate factory, bags were dirty brown.

Stuff came in today. Set up the fuge in back chamber. Tricky but figured it out....couldn't get the nano glo to fit right so I secured it evenly to the window with Velcro FTW!

Also got the nano mag, kinda weird that it's a bit of foam with a scrbber but much smaller than mag float and cleans corners way better!

Changed out my chemical filtration too....I had em double bagged and I think it was clogging flow and becoming a nitrate factory, bags were dirty brown.

Sweet man, sounds like you've got the master set up for a BC14.

That mag for the nano glo is a bit much. There is a little lip on the back of the stand I use, so I didn't mess with it much.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Looking GREAT my man! I'm loving the little deresa and the BOP

Ya, I traded an open brain for both, I thought it was a steal, BOP is sick!

Sweet man, sounds like you've got the master set up for a BC14.

That mag for the nano glo is a bit much. There is a little lip on the back of the stand I use, so I didn't mess with it much.

Ya it is! Fkin strong! Owell as long as it's on there right! Hopefully the fuge helps control pH overnight & reduce nitrates a bit...

My concern however is that sponge. I put it at the bottom between chamber 2 & 3 to catch floating chaeto, and how often should I pull it out to clean, monthly? I don't want to release aloof nitrates and stuff...

Nice tank!

How is the ai sol working over the biocube 14?

What is your lighting schedule like?

I'm considering doing something similar and was curious about your experience.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice tank!

How is the ai sol working over the biocube 14?

Amazing, it is so perfect screw the sol nano. I love it and it's worth every penny. Temp is under control, colors and corals both are amazing.

What is your lighting schedule like?

I did 12hr under PCs. But more intense light now so I dropped to 10 hours, 8 really since ramp times and a full hour is spent on 5% royal blue as a nite light lol

2pm 0/20/20

230 20/30/30

300 30/40/40

330 35/50/50

400 45/60/60

800 35/50/50

1000 30/40/40

1030 20/30/30

1100 0/0/5

1200 0/0/0

white/blue/royalblue

I'm sure my settings r a bit off lol

I'm considering doing something similar and was curious about your experience.

do it! Some people say ah too much $, but that's the business, controller makes it worth it!

Archived