SaltCritters.com

Chuck's 75g Peninsula

chazde3

Here's the new combined setup. The next project is to finish the frag setup stand and canopy to match the main tank.

DSC07016.JPG

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I will be very busy this long weekend. I was wandering Preuss Pets this afternoon and found a brand new looking 65g breeder drilled 3 times for drains and once for a return in their used section for a cool $40. I traded a couple tanks i had laying around for it, but had to buy the bulkheads for it. But all in all, a steal for $30. I am going to cap off one of the drains because i have no need for 3 drains. It will replace the 40g breeder on the top of my second stand. This will eventually be a second display tank/growout tank

I also picked up supplies to finally finish off the second stand and canopy. I'm hoping to swap out tanks tomorrow and start work on trimming out the stand.

The hits keep on coming. I just unloaded a ton of stuff I picked up off of Craigslist. I bought an entire 40g long tank with some of the best looking live rock I have seen for an incredibly low price. It is covered in coralline and mostly shelf pieces and a huge Tonga rock. I already traded the hang on skimmer off the setup for some much needed salinity salt mix. My 40g breeder on the setup is now packed full of rock until I get the 65g breeder into place.

Speaking of the 65g breeder, I got the back painted today. I had hoped to get more done on the setup today but I didn't expect to pick up another tank today. I plan on adding a couple 2x4s to the stand the 65g will go on to strengthen it up a little more. But that will have to wait a few days because I am heading to my fiances cabin for a couple days of much needed rest on this long weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Update time.

Haha algae algae everywhere. Life has been far too busy as of late and I have fallen behind on standard maintenance. I'm trying to get back into the habit of maintaining this beast.

I keep tossing out the idea of selling off the setup and getting out of the salt life for awhile since I am getting married in a few months and am trying to get the pre-qualification around to buy a house all combined with being on constant overtime(unpaid :angry: ) at work for the last 8-9 months. With all of this stuff going on I have lost some of the interest I once had for my saltwater setup. The good news is that I have permission from the boss that once we have a house of our own I can put a large in wall tank into the house down the road. Decisions and ideas are still getting tossed around in my head everyday on what I feel I should do with my setups. I may even drop my saltwater into one half of the current dual setup and put my Tanganyika setup into the other half of this setup or turn it into a planted FW tank. Like I said, I'm torn lol.

Archived