Top Shelf Aquatics

Chuck's 75g Peninsula

chazde3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Alright well work on the frag system is finally underway. Got the top tank drilled, both tanks painted, stand painted and cut most of the plumbing. Bending and glueing in the box to keep sand out of the return pump area in the bottom tank tonight. If all goes well I will be hauling lots of water to my place by the end of the week.

75g update

DSC06804.jpg

DSC06805.jpg

DSC06806.jpg

Garf Bonsai

DSC06799.jpg

Sunny D's

DSC06800.jpg

Frag system, not final location. It will be moved into my small spare room.

DSC06784.jpg

Return pump box

DSC06785.jpg

Overflow box

DSC06786.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for an update, tanks been doing pretty well for the past couple months. Everything seems to be settling in after the move. My frag system is up and running, just need to get corals into it now. I’ve been working on slowly rebuilding my stock of corals when I get the spare cash to do so. Took these updated shots of the tank over the last couple days.

From the living room

DSC06831.jpg

DSC06843.jpg

Kitchen side

DSC06834.jpg

DSC06845.jpg

Dining room side

DSC06833.jpg

DSC06844.jpg

Some coral shots

DSC06836.jpg

DSC06838.jpg

DSC06840.jpg

DSC06841.jpg

Hey thanks, frag system has been stewing for about a month now. Had to add one of my fish to it due to harassment and he's been doing pretty well in there alone. A friend and I are looking into getting in some wholesale boxes of corals to kick start our fragging operation. All together we have 8 50g breeders all ready to be filled with coral.

Thanks guys. Got the last of the doors painted, hardware mounted and the stand looks beautiful. Hit my local fish store and picked up a few new corals for the tank.

I think I am gonna look into putting the return to the front of the tank to increase flow at that end of the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no update. I just got in an order from Bulk Reef Supply. I picked up the dual GFO ans Carbon reactor. Great little setup, very easy to setup, I had it up and running in about 10 minutes. I cant wait to see the results this unit puts out. Also getting in an order of emerald crabs, peppermint shrimp and corals tomorrow. I cant wait to see them in the tank.

Wow. That sock holder looks CLEAN! Very professional.

Great build all around. I can't wait until I get settled down somewhere where I can set up a tank 75g+...

Hey thanks guys. I made a second one that's not quite as good looking but its for my frag tank setup so I didn't care to make it as nice. Best part was that they were made out of scrap sheet PVC from work so I'm not out a single penny on both.

• 2 months later...

Well I haven't updated this in quite some time. I spent the last couple days moving my frag growout system from the spare room into the room where my main tank was. I then spent last night re-plumbing the 75g tank into the grow out system. I now only have one setup running instead of 2. Total water volume is right at about 150g. I'm hoping that combining the systems will allow for more stable water parameters and overall easier maintenance. I'll try and snap some new pictures of the whole setup soon.

Archived