ReefCleaners.org

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

jonny roks

Ok so after destroying vegas for 7 days im back.

The rock work is finally finished and cured. I added fresh water to do some running tests. The rock work isn't in its final positions but will be fine for the tests.

So far everything is running smooth but i definitely need to do some minor changes. Luckily I have Richie coming by this weekend for some help.

Couple of things i need to do.

1st - make the weirs on the overflow box lower and add some side weirs.

2nd - need to drill the elbow from the overflow box

3rd need to fail-proof the return to make sure it restricts flow so i dont have a major flood.

heres a current picture. Still no sand and still need to manuever the rocks into a favorable position.

photo isnt working- ill add one when i can get it too work.. uh

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jonny roks

thanks, its definitely not the best photo.

Tomorrow ill set the rocks in the right spot and get it going perfectly.

wow!! this is epic! lol i really like the rocks and how you made them all look like one big rock.

fallowing along on this build for sure

lol Jonny I knew you would pull together some amazing tank idea. It looks really great dude. I can only imagine the planning that must have gone in to this. Everything looks perfect.

jonny roks

So the tank still just has fresh water and has ran for almost 24hrs without a single leak! (bulkheads plumbing etc)Waiting on a friend to come over and help me with the rest of the things i need to do before adding saltwater.

The weirs on the overflow still need to be lowered to lower the water level and the actual waterfall needs to be raised around 2 inches higher. This will allow the water to drain further down the waterfall.

Either way this should give you an idea of what it will look like and how it runs.

let me know what you guys think!

***I will be foaming the return and waterfall locline to hide it better.

jonny roks

All modifications finished, lowered the waterlevel and raised the waterfall a little.

salt and sand update to follow.

All modifications finished, lowered the waterlevel and raised the waterfall a little.

salt and sand update to follow.

This tank is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see the next update.

jonny roks

Added the sand yesterday. Used a thicker aragonite so I didn't have problems running the vortechs high. I'm a big fan on fine white sand not sure how this will play out. Maybe when it's lit up it will look a little better.

Can't wait to get my lights. Another couple of daysssss

Added the sand yesterday. Used a thicker aragonite so I didn't have problems running the vortechs high. I'm a big fan on fine white sand not sure how this will play out. Maybe when it's lit up it will look a little better.

Can't wait to get my lights. Another couple of daysssss

I know how you feel dude.. I have everything I need to start my LED build except for this stupid heatsink! I won it on ebay last Thursday and those jerks didn't even ship it until this morning. I was pretty pissed about that. At least you have water though! I'm still waiting for my sump -_-

Good luck dude! We need more vids!

jonny roks

quick update:

Heres some new pictures and a video with the sand added. I am currently working 12 hr days so i have no time to look at the tank let alone finish some desired things.

rock is still not adjusted into its final place. and a lot of rubble pieces still need to be glued in various spots.

runs so smooth and quite

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Archived