Pod Your Reef

What kind of Coral is this?

quikcolin

+1 Majano, I have seen those spread like weeds and take over your tank, I'd kill the sucker ASAP....

imo, Mike

When i look at the picture I took, and compare it to the picture of the Majano you just posted... the "fingers" on mine stretch out all the way to the middle by the mouth... whereas the picture you just posted, the fingers stay clear the center of itself... only a ring of fingers around the outside... mine has them all over it, outside, middle, etc...

IMG_6019.jpg

I wanna, I wanna I wanna guess St Thomas mushroom. Did I win? Lol___________ I've got one and it looks quite similar to mine. Do a google images search and see what you think?

I say put a rock right on top of it to block light and just plain o piss it off. If it moves its a anemone, it not its a shroom.

Has it always been on top of that rock or did it just appear their one day?

I vote a shroom. But depend on your anwser to my question it might change.

I say put a rock right on top of it to block light and just plain o piss it off. If it moves its a anemone, it not its a shroom.

Has it always been on top of that rock or did it just appear their one day?

I vote a shroom. But depend on your anwser to my question it might change.

This sounds like a good experiment to figure it out!

...don't do that.

Shrooms can move too.

Not all Mojanos spread quickly. There are plenty of people on here who have had one in their tank forever and never seen a second (I, personally, don't have any so I can't speak from experience).

If you like it, let it be. Doesn't really MATTER what it is. Once it gets larger, it'll be easier to ID. If it starts to spread more than you like, remove it.

• 1 month later...

I have one in my tank that looks just like this but a smaller version, exact color as well. Turned out it was a Ricordea that hitchiked. See how it responds to food in the tank, and that should let you know.

pmoradi2002

I wanna, I wanna I wanna guess St Thomas mushroom.

That's exactly what it is.

I thought mojano at first but after the top down shot I changed my mind to shroom.

• 4 months later...
OP what was it?

...if you ever find this comment

Never did find out forsure... gave the rock back to the fish store and that was that...

Archived