Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sammy's 40B Build

sammy113

:lol:

nothing more to see for now man. No tank or stand yet. This is probably going to wait till July when I come from a summer internship. Now I'm in college finals and I'm swamped with tests and works :(

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paleoreef103
:lol:

nothing more to see for now man. No tank or stand yet. This is probably going to wait till July when I come from a summer internship. Now I'm in college finals and I'm swamped with tests and works :(

Curses. I was hoping to see some par numbers.

Great job so far sammy! Looking forward to the rest....

Yes keep those big plans and dreams alive.

Good luck on your exams!

• 1 month later...
Small Frag

Saweet! I'm looking to do a mesh of your and evilc66's tank(s) I want your lighting but his tri-tank setup. Any updates? looks amazing thus far!

Thanks guys! Just came back from Mexico after almost a month, had someone taking care of the tank. I was scared to death cause last time I was out for a week and I came to a mess of tank. This time everything was ok. Just some algae and corals look a bit pissed but I guess is just the lack of water changes.

Now into the 40 breeder, I managed to save some $ from the trip that are going into the build. I told my boss I was going to come back on July 13 so I could get some extra days off work :naughtydance: now its time to put this thing together! Next thing to do, the stand.

Thanks guys! Just came back from Mexico after almost a month, had someone taking care of the tank. I was scared to death cause last time I was out for a week and I came to a mess of tank. This time everything was ok. Just some algae and corals look a bit pissed but I guess is just the lack of water changes.

Now into the 40 breeder, I managed to save some $ from the trip that are going into the build. I told my boss I was going to come back on July 13 so I could get some extra days off work :naughtydance: now its time to put this thing together! Next thing to do, the stand.

That is awesome. I wanted to let you know that this LED build has inspired me to change my plan. So awesome. And thanks for the step by step. Simple and clean. :D

Some progress has been made. I lost a few minutes writing a full paragraph explaining everything and I closed the tab so now I'm going to be very quick.

d67a48ae.jpg

5615895f.jpg

ef82b14f.jpg

f3ff560b.jpg

f12ea2e7.jpg

7f7a7776.jpg

The doors will slide to both sides and I'll have full access to the sump

Some more pics coming later tonight cause I did the floor panel and the shelf. Still need to finish laminate on the sides and attach the doors

diablos sam te esta quedando de show ya quiero ver la pecera con el aquascape hehehehhehe oye y en el trip de mexico visitaste alguna tienda de corales?

YES!

I've been waiting for somebody to build an awesome stand like this. You'll love the sliding door...I decided against typical doors too and love the way mine turned out (mine don't slide but at least they aren't stupid doors with hinges).

haha stupid doors! :lol:

here some more pics of progress:

19980e74.jpg

One side open

3837b5b0.jpg

complete access

f00aa54d.jpg

Notice I also placed the small shelf for ato (still need to finish the laminate on the edges), and the floor panel for the sump. Also there it is the 20L for the filtration. I cut the baffles and still need to glue them.

Now need to remove doors and finish them from the outside with the "formica" also the sides. Then drill the tank for drain and return.

DAYM SON!! this is one sick sliding doors.. imma try to make mine remote sliding door then. muahaha!

Great job sammy! i always enjoy watching your build.. now i am thinking bout setup a 40br.. thanks to you!

i notices on the background reflection you have a tank setup! Is that your other tank that you were working on last time?

thanks ;) remote sliding! :lol:

the tank on the background is my 20g Cube in my sig. Only that it has the 40B lamp cause I sold the small one :P OVERKILL

The stand is just painted with rust oleum. I wish I could do powder coating but it was going to cost me an eye

The stand is just painted with rust oleum. I wish I could do powder coating but it was going to cost me an eye

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rabidgerbil38

Haha I hear you on that! I was gonna do a steel framed stand untill I found out how much the powdercoating would cost. :P

Archived