Coral Vue Hydros

There's a rumor going around...

kgoldy

I cannot believe that there are people that complain about John sending extras. Morons! I appreciate the help, and generous shipments that I have received from Reef Cleaners. I'd hope that most around here feel the same.

johnmaloney

it isnt the extras directly that are the problem...maybe the side effects.. it is that when we send a big pile of dwarf ceriths the chances of hitchiking hermits increases, there may be .5% hermits in that tank, but if you send out 200 then... also people would sometimes get orders that didnt make sense, considering their tank size. I will have them make them more proportional and will hammer out the other issues.

good to hear, how is the fight against the algae going for you? slowly but surely?

Slowly, but surely. I'm not quite sure if it's the lighting, the salt mix, or luck, but coraline is absolutely exploding in my tank (remember this is 95% dry rock) so I imagine the hair algae won't have much space to grip onto in a few weeks. The first of the two sea hares is being offered up for a new home- they seem to be "farming" and not polishing the algae off the way they were when it was more abundant.

I still have two large tufts of GHA which are about the size and shape of a wedge you would use for splitting logs... The clowns host them, and it's so funny I almost don't want to lose the last of the GHA.

johnmaloney

that is good to hear. that is how it should go down...coralline does that, once the spores settle they spread to everything within a few days. All happens pretty fast...little dots here and there all over the place

At what point do I need to start misting my mangroves? Right now only two of the ten have sprouted leaves... so I've been rinsing them daily.

johnmaloney

the sooner the better really, they like it and it doesnt hurt anything else so as often as you would like. I used to keep a spray bottle hanging on the tank they were in and it made spraying them easier during feeding time so i did it more often....

Just to be crystal clear -

WE DONT GIVE OUT EXTRAS ALL THE TIME, KGOLDY IS NICE ENOUGH NOT TO TELL YOU THAT WE MADE A MISTAKE AND SWITCHED HALF THEIR ORDER WITH ANOTHER BAG. AFTER WE REFUNDED THE MISSING CHITONS, KGOLDY SAID THE OTHER ITEMS WERE "EXTRA", "MISTAKE" WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCURATE. I DONT PACKAGE ANY ORDERS THESE DAYS, SO NOTES ABOUT HEY JOHN I AM GOING TO ORDER A FEW SNAILS, "IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU CAN TOSS IN A TON OF EXTRAS,OR SOME OF THE MORE EXPENSIVE SPECIES I DIDNT ORDER THAT WOULD BE GREAT" ARE JUST NOT MAKING IT TO THE SHIPPING TEAM. DO NOT ORDER SOMETHING ON THE BASIS YOU WILL HAVE SOMETHING FOR FREE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

/beingajerk :)

Also your sea hare now that I have an internet connection with picture capability is not a Spotted Sea Hare Kgoldy, looks more like a californian...but definitely not a Spotted Sea Hare. Hopefully I am wrong, Californian Sea Hares dont last too long in tropical tanks even though they are the most prevalent in the hobby.

Are ceriths usually a threat to macros? That dictoya is 100% devoured. I think I'll have to order a few pieces next time if I want to see it survive...

johnmaloney

dictyota and scroll algae both get eaten if they arent very robust upon receipt. Scroll algae may get eaten either way really. wait until i am diving again and i will get you better dictyota

Alright, I'll wait til you're diving. Is any of the stuff you sent me unable to handle a 24 hour light cycle in my fuge?

I forgot I said I'd post pictures of the barnacles... Here's the best of the 4 I got, which I made into a jawfish home.

IMG_0880.jpg

My blennies LOVE the barnacles. I'm probably going to order a bunch more so I can stock heavily with blennies and leave all of them enough choice for their individual homes and territories.

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't count B)

I had to have gotten at least tripple my order, plus at least three hermits to boot :happydance:

Package arrived in Arizona in two days. Although two of the bags were leaking (no water left in them) it seems there were few if any DOAs. About 5 minutes after dropping them in the tank, there was a snail stampede. Some of the larger ones had barnacles on their shells which is awesome. Just one more thing for the kids to look at when staring at the tank.

Thanks John!

• 1 month later...

John,

Thanks for continuing to miscount your orders. My 5 dwarf ceriths (100+) and 3 nassarius (6) snails say thanks.

John,

Thanks for continuing to miscount your orders. My 5 dwarf ceriths (100+) and 3 nassarius (6) snails say thanks.

Add me to the "thanks" list too. I got my CUC from John yesterday and am very pleased indeed.

Wish I got extras, I lost over half of the Florida ceriths in shipment. Every thing was a accurate count for me. Though Id order from reef cleaners any day, their macros are awesome!

Archived