There's a rumor going around...

kgoldy

And oh my, is it true.

What I ordered............What I got

80 Dwarf Ceriths.........352 Dwarf Ceriths

25 Florida Ceriths........167 Florisa Ceriths

20 Dwarf Planaxis........77 Dwarf Planaxis

0 Turbo Snails..............3 Turbo Snails

Freakin wow, that is a whole lot of CUC right there.

Macros/mangroves we'll count later though. ;)

Overall, very satisfied customer. If you don't get your CUC from Reef Cleaners... you're a dummy.

By the way, the barnacles I ordered are freakin awesome. I'll update with pics sometime later this week.

And oh my, is it true.

What I ordered............What I got

80 Dwarf Ceriths.........352 Dwarf Ceriths

25 Florida Ceriths........167 Florisa Ceriths

20 Dwarf Planaxis........77 Dwarf Planaxis

0 Turbo Snails..............3 Turbo Snails

Freakin wow, that is a whole lot of CUC right there.

Macros/mangroves we'll count later though. ;)

Overall, very satisfied customer. If you don't get your CUC from Reef Cleaners... you're a dummy.

By the way, the barnacles I ordered are freakin awesome. I'll update with pics sometime later this week.

john's great! i did a group buy before and he tossed in a ton of freebies

that sounds great but I all read is "My tank is going to crash when all this crap starts to die"

i would drop that size of a CUC is a few hundred gallon tank....not in anything that most folks have on this site.

that sounds great but I all read is "My tank is going to crash when all this crap starts to die"

i would drop that size of a CUC is a few hundred gallon tank....not in anything that most folks have on this site.

Check out the tank this cuc is going into.... looks like an algae buffet for the snails

johnmaloney

Thanks! It seems the extras thing is getting us in trouble though and we will probably tone it down a bit.

They really dont starve though people...plenty of room, plenty of food, diverse diets and the ability to go dormant...it isnt like a ton of extra urchins or something...dwarf ceriths are the size of a grain of rice...well anyway sorry that this is the impression. Repeat customers who like the old way just leave me a note during checkout and we will count out the rest of the orders accurately (especially for planaxis, I wish the shipping people knew how hard those guys are to find - :))

IMG_0759.jpg

Those little orange specs on the right side are false percs.

maybe if you dont want that big of a CUC people should just order like 5 of each thing... that way they will und up with how ever many they really want :P

Going is the key word. Show me one person who's tank crashed from too many rice size snails?

If people don't like a great CUC or actual deals related to this hobby then buy $3.00 snails from your LFS.

johnmaloney

New disclaimer is going to read "if you need accurate counts please email in advance" "orders may contain reef safe algae eating hitchhikers, if you need your order hitchiker free please email us in advance"

I have been known to put some of the snails that don't ship as well in a soap dish that sticks out just above the water. The ones that make it crawl out, the ones that don't are easily removed. I ordered from John a number of times & never had a problem with the extras he sent!!! You should be fine.

johnmaloney

thanks everyone! I think I will do that then, and then it will stay the same for most, and then people with feeding concerns will get only what they pay for. we will try to have it make sense though so you dont end up with 1000 snails in your pico...:)

John

My earlier comment was in no way directed at your or your store. I think it is great that you throw in a little extra for folks on your orders. :)

This example was just a lot extra and I was sharing my concern (in an a$$ type of way) to the buyer for adding that large of a CUC crew to a small tank.

Glad to see you are recovering and back at work.

-Justin

hahah you'll never hear me complain about too much cuc. people forget that some may not make the trip not a big deal when folks like john (ok only john) toss in a few extras to buffer your losses if any. either way sounds like my next set up will involve another order from john.

Hey John, do ceriths normally eat Dictyota ciliolata? It looks like they pretty much raped the macro frag you sent me... <_< There's pretty much nowhere that's safe for me to "hide" the macro from the CUC, so I think I'll have watch it get devoured and just order it again when I get some more stuff from you.

Below are pictures of the fight against GHA, as promised. Light cycle is 11 hours, with a lot of that dedicated to sunrise/sunset phases without everything being on full blast. NO manual removal, I refuse to do it- so it's purely inverts vs GHA. The tank has very little LR, 95% of it was dry Pukani from BRS. Two Sea Hares, one money cowrie, and one small fighting conch are the only CUC I've added to what John sent me. Sea Hares will be finding new homes when the fight reaches a stable level.

And for the record, I kept my order conservative knowing full well that I would get more than I asked for- as anyone on NR who reads the Reef Cleaners threads should know. John's been watching my tank build since the GHA first started to show up- so he knew what I was trying to accomplish.

2011/03/09 - Seeded tank with LR from my biocube.

IMG_0646.jpg

2011/03/14 - Starting 12 hour light cycle to induce algae outbreak

IMG_0673.jpg

2011/03/16 - GHA outbreak begins. Order from Reef Cleaners.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

bottompage.jpg

2011/03/17 - GHA getting stronger

IMG_0743.jpg

2011/03/18

IMG_0748.jpg

2011/03/19 - Almost overnight, GHA outbreak becomes too much for me to wait for CUC. Purchased "Hugh Heffer" the Sea Hare.

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

2011/03/24 - CUC arrives a day early. Algae domination begins.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Archived