SaltCritters.com

squirrel's 40g CAD 2.0 - Stuff n Junk

squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl

lmfao,

i cant believe he is still sending out those pieces of glass. when i got mine i had wondered the same thing, so i gave eddie a call. turns out they were for the old sump design and supposed to be covers, but they are useless for this new sump. so they have no purpose.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lmfao,

i cant believe he is still sending out those pieces of glass. when i got mine i had wondered the same thing, so i gave eddie a call. turns out they were for the old sump design and supposed to be covers, but they are useless for this new sump. so they have no purpose.

Just finished setting mine up today. I used the stock plumping and had a leak on the return. Fixed the problem with some Teflon and silicone on the gaskets. Also, tested out the skimmer and find it incredibly loud!

SouthFlorida_Tron

I get the feeling from what I keep reading these setups look better than they actually are? Lol

the skimmer probably needs to be primed. theres always gonna be some issues with any set up, but usually its pretty easy to fix or adjusted. its part of our hobby to tweek at our systems haha.

tron: there really nice set ups, theres lots you can do with a "sump style" design and the equipment is all very good and useable. i saw this tank at one of my LFS and it has SPS, LPS and everything is doing awesome with all the standard equipment including the 36" LED that CAD makes. i took some pics and im gonna post them up later. the store loves the CAD's and really recommends them more than the other packages he has seems like. the white cabinet looks and feels really nice..very smooth. me and my wife was very impressed with the overall look of it.

Your tank looks great squirrel!

I got my tank months ago, but I haven't got enough time to set it up. I will try to do some work this weekend.

First thing, redo all the baffles of the sump. I will remove the second chamber and extend the first and the last one. Hopefully it would work fine.

Hi, here is what I did to the sump. You don't need to buy any extra stuff except the silicon glue. The third baffle can be used as the right side of the fuge. Hopefully it helps.

Cut off all the baffles:

post-57547-1308856801_thumb.jpg

Reglue after the messy cleaning job:

post-57547-1308856902_thumb.jpg

Here are the final results (I will add a bio pellet reactor to the fisrt chamber as the carbon) :

post-57547-1308857102_thumb.jpg

I also add a USB fan to one of the holes at the back as the vent fan.

post-57547-1308857197_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
squirrelieygrrrl
this is a pretty fantastic tank, bet it looks so much cooler in person :D

thanks giga!

and it just keeps getting better and better as things grow. :wub:

Your tank looks great squirrel!

I got my tank months ago, but I haven't got enough time to set it up. I will try to do some work this weekend.

First thing, redo all the baffles of the sump. I will remove the second chamber and extend the first and the last one. Hopefully it would work fine.

lulz, and i thought i was slow to get mine set up. a suggestion on the baffles. the second to last baffle that goes to the return, the one that overflows is in my opinion too low. ive been fighting evap issues because its too low. mind you if you have an ato that shouldnt be a prob, but id still suggest getting a taller piece of glass cut for it.

Holy Snap!! omgomgomg

M!

howzit!?! :blush:

So uh...... How bout some coral pics plzzzzz :P

ask and you shall receive!

tip to quiet bubble magus skimmer: take a very small piece of filter floss and twist it into the air intake tube, it substantially quietens it. enough to still allow air to pass though but enough to dampen the sound. just remember to replace it often as it can get clogged and cause the water level to raise.

the last month in a nutshell.

progress has been good so far, still battling residual n03 from my lr catastrophe. as a result of that ive been battling pm with my clam for a good 8 weeks, it seems to come and go with a regular dipping regime. i started to use esv b-ionic two weeks ago, which isnt helping that situation at all, as i had to re-establish my dosing amounts. so far i like the product though.

had a bit of a fish mishap, i added the potters angel which turned out to be a big mistake. he scared the crap out of the mccoskers wrasse to the point i found him on the floor one morning, and then proceeded to take a liking to my sps. so i quickly returned him to my lfs.

i was hoping to find another mccoskers but instead i found a clown fairy so home he came. granted i know this tank is a bit undersized for him, and Lunch the clown isnt helping either, he has basically taken over 1/3 of the tank on the right side, with extreme ferocity defending his territory. im tempted to take lunch to the lfs, as my interests have moved towards wrasses as far as fish go. he is just turning into too much of a bully as he matures(not that i didnt know this was coming). another thought is to set up the 40 i got from pismo as a frag setup and toss lunch in there.

i did finally made it to Neptune Aquatics in Milpitas CA on jul 11th, and it was totally worth it. Robert totally hooked me up, when i got there the staff already knew who i was and had all seen my 16. it was sort of like cheers, where every one knows your screen name. :lol: ill write a review on that in my 'goin to sf' topic.

and now enough of the bla bla and on to new pics!

heres the new additions:

DSC05438.jpg

a. horrida, Robert cut me a frag from his high dollar mother colony. (i kind of felt like i was getting special treatment)

DSC05463.jpg

a. millepora, looks like a potential rainbow. that shot dosnt do the colors justice.

DSC05254.jpg

a. millepora :wub: another frag from a high dollar colony.

DSC05504.jpg

a. solitaryensis, another frag cut from a colony, this one not for sale in his store. quite small, but he tossed it in for free.

DSC05074.jpg

a flippin awesome gold and green leptastrea. one of my favorite genus of corals.

DSC05125.jpg

orange branching psammacora, love these as well. perfect for a more dimly lit spot

DSC05283.jpg

montipora setosa. been lusting after this for a long long time.

Thank you Robert, from Neptune. you totally made it worth it!

newbies from my lfs

DSC05084.jpg

another leptastrea color morph.

DSC05482.jpg

DSC05496.jpg

durn purdy feeesh. these guys have loads of personality, he is constantly displaying for me when i go over to the tank, and when he begs for food his orange cap turns to an electric pink and he acts almost shyly.

old schtuffs, to note growth, color and pe

DSC05424.jpg

DSC05431.jpg

DSC05447.jpg

DSC05075.jpg

DSC05076.jpg

DSC05077.jpg

DSC05082.jpg

DSC05091.jpg

DSC05096.jpg

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05105.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

DSC05310.jpg

DSC05146.jpg.

DSC05169.jpg

DSC05179.jpg

DSC05182.jpg

DSC05195.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

phew! well that took me the better part of two days to compile. hope you all like it! c&c puhlease!

squirrelieygrrrl
Wow! Your tank looks great, I love all the acro colonies!

thanks TS, much appreciated. ive always admidred your tank too. :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sick as always. Camera & Lens? My acros seems boring comPared to the stuff seen in Cali.

So much PE!

squirrelieygrrrl
Sick as always. Camera & Lens? My acros seems boring comPared to the stuff seen in Cali.

So much PE!

Very nice tank and very clean. I like it a lot. Robert is a cool guy. I used to be the help back in 2008.

Amazing photos! Love the tank and the names on pics. Inspirational tank.

beautiful tank, beautiful corals

thanks guys! :happy:

Squirrelly..... Camera? Lens?

:slap::flower:

sony a200 w/ 70mm sony prime.

squirrelieygrrrl
Lol cool

:lol:

wow this tank took off fast!

you dosing yet?

thanks phi!

ive been dosing pretty much since the transfer, theres just too many sps to not dose.

Wow... total droolz here... this tank has gone up fast and wow.. is it gorgeous.

thanks nebs!

suprisingly so. :) ill have to post some growth progression shots.

heres a few more for you all.

DSC05366.jpg

DSC05377.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

DSC05402.jpg

fin.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I'm still trying to tweak my Aqua Illumnation to give a stronger 20k look, I think ATM it's 14kish.... Wuld my across get better color under 20k?

Archived