SaltCritters.com

MrCoffee's 6.6G Pico

MrCoffee

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, Thanks!

To making photos I use Nikon D60 + Nikkor 18-55. When I make macro photos, I use reverse mounted Helios 44M-4. Settings: Manual Mode, Manual Focus(in macro photos) Aperture - F/5.6 , time - usually about 1s, ISO - between 100-400.

Little update:

I sold Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and buy 2 new Rics:

New Ricordea Florida:

ricoflorida2s.jpg

LA Lakers Zoa:

lalakerszoa2.jpg

Little update:

I sold Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and buy 2 new Rics:

New Ricordea Florida:

ricoflorida2s.jpg

LA Lakers Zoa:

lalakerszoa2.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

He looks nice :)

I refuse to believe that he shows up as bright yellow under the actinics!

Under blue light his color should be bluish as well...How did you make him fluorescence like a coral?

HecticDialectics

heh Newman's calling out your photoshopping. :P

Nice tank tho, I'm curious what it looks like IRL.

oh that would make sense haha, its a fun way to show the fish i suppose especially since yellow and blue combo so well.

heh Newman's calling out your photoshopping. :P

Nice tank tho, I'm curious what it looks like IRL.

Dude photoshopping is a part of the digital photography medium. It's just like dodging, burning, using contrast filters or any of the other techniques you would normally use in a darkroom

HecticDialectics
Dude photoshopping is a part of the digital photography medium. It's just like dodging, burning, using contrast filters or any of the other techniques you would normally use in a darkroom

Don't get me wrong, the photographs look great, but they're artistic photographs. I'm just curious what the tank really looks like.

This photo is under white bulb and blue LEDs - that's why goby is so yellow ;) Background is darken to better show this fish (and background in real is whiter than in photo) Under blue light YCG doesn't look so bright.

HecticDialectics - My tank really looks like in the pics B)

Was just about to comment on the stellar photography. You clearly are a great shooter.

Photoshop? I say, nay. Looks great!

I do not doubt the actinic shots, but damn this lack of a standard lighting picture is killing me haha. I really would like to see at least one FTS with all normal display lights on ;)

clayphx - Thanks! :)

.Newman. - fingerscrossed I just don't like white light in reef tanks. But who knows, maybe someday.... ;P

• 1 month later...

My fishes (Clowns and YCG) died :( I bought new Actinic 11W bulb and today I started dosing Korallen-Zucht Sponge Power, Iron Concentrate and Amino Acid Concentrate.

Photos:

fts57810.jpg

yshrimp4.jpg

Archived