Top Shelf Aquatics

Help with chamber 3 in biocube!

lucy10203

Hey, I have a question about chamber 3, the air pump keeps spitting out air bubbles, and my whole tank is covered in little bubbles. Ive tried moving it around, filling it with water etc. I think perhaps its not receiving enough water which is why its spitting out air?? Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey everyone, I messed around with the pump, but still no luck, I dont think what its doing is normal. My whole tank appears to be covered in little bubbles. Is chamber 3 supposed to be full of water? There is only a very small amount being poured into it which could be the reason why its pumping out air..? also, is chamber 2 also supposed to be full of water? il take pictures when i get off work...

Yes more water into the chamber. Don't worry about it just fill the chamber #3 up about top of the little window on the side of the tank. Make sure you use saltwater. Also watch this chamber daily as it is where you will see the evaporation lowering the level. You must maintain this level by adding RO\DI or distilled water.

Edited by spanko
Yes more water into the chamber. Don't worry about it just fill the chamber #3 up about top of the little window on the side of the tank. Make sure you use saltwater. Also watch this chamber daily as it is where you will see the evaporation lowering the level. You must maintain this level by adding RO\DI or distilled water.

Agreed I run chamber 3 about 3 " from the top.

Oh! Yes 2 and 3 will run about the same level.

Edited by Deano
altolamprologus

i freaked out about the same problem with my biocube. you're tank isn't full enough, that's all. about 1/2 cup per day will evaporate so make sure you top off. when i do water changes, i pour the water into the filter, not the main tank and i also have some coral rubble in chamber 2, which displaces water and keeps the level in the filter higher. when you do a water change, fill the tank until the filter water level is at the "max" line and top off to make sure it stays there

Are you using the stock filter cartridges? If so, they tend to clog up and restrict water flow into the other two chambers. If the water flow is restricted your pump will put out more water than it's being fed and blow air bubbles (more like foam) into the display. If you are seeing cloudy water caused by micro bubbles then you have a leak in your pump intake. Best thing to do is take out the pump, unscrew the intake cap then clean and re-seat the impeller. Inspect for cracks or threads that do not mesh properly. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG IT FIRST! :o

Also, do your research. There is an informative thread on Biocubes in the AOI (All in one) section here at NR. Lots of little tips, tricks and mods to help you. GL

Are you using the stock filter cartridges? If so, they tend to clog up and restrict water flow into the other two chambers. If the water flow is restricted your pump will put out more water than it's being fed and blow air bubbles (more like foam) into the display. If you are seeing cloudy water caused by micro bubbles then you have a leak in your pump intake. Best thing to do is take out the pump, unscrew the intake cap then clean and re-seat the impeller. Inspect for cracks or threads that do not mesh properly. MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG IT FIRST! :o

Also, do your research. There is an informative thread on Biocubes in the AOI (All in one) section here at NR. Lots of little tips, tricks and mods to help you. GL

Awesome info, thanks. As soon as I get home I will take it apart and clean it and add water to the chamber. Cant wait to get out of work and fix this! lol :D

If you upgraded the pump you need to break off the tab on chamber 1. pouring more water into chamber 2 and 3 wont do anything (unless you're actually just low on water in which case you can just pour it anywhere ;) )

Nope, im getting some cheato tomorrow and putting in purigen and chemipure, taking out the filter and putting in some filter floss. Im making my own media basket contraption thing.