Top Shelf Aquatics

Help with chamber 3 in biocube!

lucy10203

• 8 years later...

I am having the same issue after over two months running my mod set up.

Chamber 1...

my heater Aquion pro

Chamber 2...

1 Polish Filter 

2 Eshoppe sump filters

I have a bag of matrix biomedia 

and some smaller pieces of rubble rock

Chamber 3...

1 bag of Matrix Bio Carbon

I have stock coralife return pump (just because I haven’t decided which one I want to change to yet) 

and my output nozzle is a spin head 

there is tons of water coming out of chamber 1 and into chamber 2 but chamber 3 still keeps emptying. 

I have reversed the construction of my mod (took out parts starting from chamber 3 working back) to see if I can pin point what is causing the flow interruption yet nothing seems to be making sense. Also what tab are you guys speaking of to increase flow?

4 minutes ago, JJLigs said:

I am having the same issue after over two months running my mod set up.

Chamber 1...

my heater Aquion pro

Chamber 2...

1 Polish Filter 

2 Eshoppe sump filters

I have a bag of matrix biomedia 

and some smaller pieces of rubble rock

Chamber 3...

1 bag of Matrix Bio Carbon

I have stock coralife return pump (just because I haven’t decided which one I want to change to yet) 

and my output nozzle is a spin head 

there is tons of water coming out of chamber 1 and into chamber 2 but chamber 3 still keeps emptying. 

I have reversed the construction of my mod (took out parts starting from chamber 3 working back) to see if I can pin point what is causing the flow interruption yet nothing seems to be making sense. Also what tab are you guys speaking of to increase flow?

Never wanted to punch a fish till I met my maroon clown!

Hi, can you post a pic? You probably just need to add more water, but there are other issues that could be happening, so a pic would help us advise. And welcome to Nano-Reef!

:welcome:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JJLigs said:

Add new water to chamber two or three while the filtration pump is ON to bring up the level.  Always top off in Ch. 2 or 3.

Also, wow thread featuring 2011 StevieT ....

• Like 1
Just now, StevieT said:

Add new water to chamber two or three while the filtration pump is on to bring up the level.  Always top off in Ch. 2 or 3.

Agree! I turn on my pump, wait for all the levels to adjust, and then add enough water into chamber 3 so it’s about 1 1/2 -2 inches from the top of chamber 3. 

• Like 1