inTank Media Baskets

Matt's CADLights 22g... NOT!

Clavius85

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a Max!

Right now I actually would... If I could afford one.

lifes trying to tell you you should stick with that rimless 11g build

Hah, well that has been tentatively sold.

I'm considering a tank from him. It just may end up over my budget.

If I was gonna do a smaller tank, it would definitely be a modified Fluval edge

Eh, I'm not big on the Edge.

Damn dude...I'm real sorry I can't imagine how upsetting that box was to open.

What about the Mr. Aqua 12L? That's a small tank you could make a killer peninsula out of and just run a single 2-bulb T5 fixture.

That 12L from Mr.Aqua is awesome. But I would still have to drill it, etc. to get it the way I want it.

Sorry to hear about the tank,. That sucks,.

Hopefully you'll find a suitable tank!

Thanks.

Maybe. Never seen those fixtures before. Pretty neat.

Thanks for the input everyone! It's much appreciated.

Looking at a Finnex 30g M-Tank...

I bought 20G M-Tank straight from their website a month ago and I'm happy with their service and shipping.

I thing 20 M-Tank and the Cad22 have similar dimension.

That was a pain you go through with Cadlight.

I didn't think they made the 30 anymore

Maybe they don't. I don't see it listed on the Finnex website. But Aquacave.com has them on their site.

Well snap one up then! I hear they're pretty good, similar to the cadlights but with a better chamber design

I might... problem is I just don't have that kind of extra cash laying around at the moment. And $300+ seems a little pricey for that tank.

Wow did this go bad in every way possible. I'm so sorry mate for this crap you've been through. Another strike against CAD.

I ordered the 30M tank from aquacave and he called me and informed me it was no longer made. That was last month??

So in the end I went with the cadlights 22 with stand instead of light, my card was debited on the 20th and my tank still hasn't shipped...even though he's told me 3 different times it has shipped out. I feel like I've been had by cad, lol, ya I'd go for the finnex 22, that's what I'm gonna do if mine comes smashed. Good luck fellow reefer, and here's to a closet full of equipment without a tank for it to go in.

I ordered the 30M tank from aquacave and he called me and informed me it was no longer made. That was last month??

So in the end I went with the cadlights 22 with stand instead of light, my card was debited on the 20th and my tank still hasn't shipped...even though he's told me 3 different times it has shipped out. I feel like I've been had by cad, lol, ya I'd go for the finnex 22, that's what I'm gonna do if mine comes smashed. Good luck fellow reefer, and here's to a closet full of equipment without a tank for it to go in.

Thanks. I guess I'll strike the Finnex off of my list. And good luck getting your CAD!

ColorMeBlue

Definitely keep badgering them. I did, and got a tracking # emailed to me yesterday. Hopefully it arrives in one piece.... :huh:

Thanks. I guess I'll strike the Finnex off of my list. And good luck getting your CAD!

Definitely keep badgering them. I did, and got a tracking # emailed to me yesterday. Hopefully it arrives in one piece.... :huh:

Thanks guys, nothing yet, ill keep you guys posted.

ColorMeBlue
Thanks guys, nothing yet, ill keep you guys posted.

I emailed them Friday and got a tracking # yesterday. That was my second email to them, worded a bit differently. They do seem to respond, but it's sloooooow. My rule of thumb has been if you don't hear from them in 2-3 business days, email again. Or phone. Or both. I'm not sure if they're just busy, or bad at communication.

I would bet that they just don't have enough resources to meet the demand, they need to grow fast or they'll get a really bad name really fast

This is one of the worst stories I've heard regarding ordering online. Sorry it went so bad.

If you're OK with the biocube, have you looked at the Biocube 29 HQI?

This is one of the worst stories I've heard regarding ordering online. Sorry it went so bad.

If you're OK with the biocube, have you looked at the Biocube 29 HQI?

Thanks. I'm not mad about what happened. Just more bummed because I was looking forward to getting a new tank setup. I regret selling my Solana now. I wish I had kept it. But oh well... I have this video to look at http://youtu.be/P0vYmCABryk?hd=1. It's the last video I took of my tank before breaking it down. I'm really proud of what I achieved with that tank and I learned a lot.

I'm really going to have to get a new tank setup and soon as a I bought a tiny True Perc yesterday. At the moment it's in my picotope. Don't freak out though. If I can't get a new tank setup in the next few weeks I'll find a new home for it.

Here it is in my pico: http://youtu.be/BO_fuOpPWYY?hd=1

To be honest, I hadn't looked into the 29g BioCube HQI until you mentioned it. I'm looking for an all-in-one tank in the 20g range that is SPS capable out of the box. So the BioCube HQI may be my best bet. I may pull the trigger on it once I get my refund from CADLights.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Archived