Coral Vue Hydros

Pismo's Pictures!

pismo_reefer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im a custom painter too

wow thats a lot of area you had to cover with a CS should have gotten the TH too

Lol....

That would be a lot w/ the CS....

But,

it was a TON with a size "0" Mack brush! :o

(I didn't use the airbrush...at all.) ;)

I've only been doing 'line training', and a few practice scribbles, w/ the Iwata.... :lol:

Trying to get mah hands back. :happy:

ive been in this industry for 8 years

i seen the thing to have on your bike or custom color to paint and the graphics what not

but the last year i seen all that gone because of economy

too bad it was fun while it lasted

lol where do you live.. paint for frags?

I have a finished basement that i will making into a lounge room with a custom 180g shallow tank.

I am huge into the the ikea look but would love to be able to fuse it with some awesome custom art.

We should be cleaning up the area soon and getting the wall paint done.. so I can take some pix to give to something to work off of :)

ive been in this industry for 8 years

i seen the thing to have on your bike or custom color to paint and the graphics what not

but the last year i seen all that gone because of economy

too bad it was fun while it lasted

Werd.

That's why I quit... :mellow:

It got to the point, where everyone was a,

"I want this, but let's wait till next week", guy.... :rolleyes:

And, as we both know; "Next week", means never...

lol where do you live.. paint for frags?

I have a finished basement that i will making into a lounge room with a custom 180g shallow tank.

I am huge into the the ikea look but would love to be able to fuse it with some awesome custom art.

We should be cleaning up the area soon and getting the wall paint done.. so I can take some pix to give to something to work off of :)

I actually live in Sacramento,Ca. :blush:

Kinda far....

But, if you wanna have something 'ship-able' painted, I'd totally paint it for ya!

:D

I'd do it for whatever shipping would cost.

I just need to build up my portfolio. ;)

we'll take you up on that :) i'll do some thinking :)

Ya, just let me know! :happy:

I can re-create logo's and copy designs, etc., as well.... :D

thats pretty good! props!

Thanks. :happy:

Okay.. I am starting to think of what I would like.

I will make sure this piece is shown off too.. It will be going in a room in the basement with an 8ft rimless reef (when I can raise the funds to make it or have it built lol.. hoping by summer it will be finished and running)

my new reef club made front page news the other day :) and once i get the basement room finished i plan on getting the paper to do another story and maybe get them to take a picture of the room with the painting in it :) :)

No doubt will have some friends interested in pieces too :)

Okay .. Here is the room.. pre paint and new carpet ( this room used to be my basement screen printing shop

IMG_8966.jpg

IMG_8966.jpg

IMG_8968.jpg

here is the color scheme I plan on doing. Dark walls. nice pale blue behind the reef tank The white rectangles would be where i would like the art. I will measure the wall tomorrow and give an idea of the size the canvases would need to be.

i should be able to swing the funds to pay for the canvas if you want too :) The wife and I have a plowing business and we are getting hammered with snow. so we are actually on top of bills for once lol

here is the photoshop of the idea i have for the room

IMG_8966-1.jpg

I want your flavor in this piece. I will leave it up to you. I want it to be some sort of odd reef related scene. Preferably using a color similar to that on the adjacent wall ( the pale blue) (whatever the color is you use if you could paint be a small swatch so i can have homedepot match it for the paint on the adjacent wall it would be awesome.

here are some examples of things i like

I like odd stuff, not really too much of the hip hop urban feel

argentinagraffiti_0.jpg

I love this image I kinda like this style too. I love the shading and work on the fish

fish-graffiti.jpg

I love the dramatic coloration and contrast of this image

Graffiti_Queens_01.jpg

idk if that sorta points you in the direction i am looking for.. but the weirder the better and popping colors. using oranges, reds, yellows.. etc bright colors to contrast the blue you end up using. I will probably use those colors to accent the room.

I am all about continuity in a room :)

here are a couple pics of our dining room we just finished (everything we either got on craigslist or made ourselves)

69089_436961232454_617332454_5801520_795528_n.jpg

65707_436961557454_617332454_5801541_8035420_n.jpg

71520_436961542454_617332454_5801538_2237905_n.jpg

69054_436961237454_617332454_5801521_4210490_n.jpg

I always put something odd in every room.. this room got the crow. lol

I love the style of the cherry image. colors are great and it really pops.

also here is a picture i took from one of my favorite tanks i had when i was younger might be able to use that in there somwhere :)

4231254399_a101933fa2.jpg

OMFG! omgomgomg

You totally have my style! :o

I can't wait to do these pieces...

I figure a 3 canvas breakdown, would look sweet.

Lot's of pop in the colors, and patterns.

This piece will definitely be one of a kind. :happy:

and I love the juxtoposition of the crow in the stable setting.

Looks so real....

I love the "street-art" style of the 'walking fish'....

I used to do ALOT of Graffiti. Then, gradually moved toward StreetArt.

The 2nd fish, the spraypainted one, is very much my style, when it comes to faces.

I looooove the huge eyes/mouth style, mixed w/ the sweeping curves.

I love art....

and your dining room is SICK!

I will have a friend take some pro pics for you when I have everything mounted for your portfolio :)

seems like a match made in heaven :) I am pumped! I'll show you my odd piece in the livingroom when I get home from work lol my wife didn't like it at first but it grew on her :)

i'll put some money aside or trade you frags for another piece I have in mind for the livingroom :)

my wife has been wanting something with an owl in the house I will have her start thinking of ideas :)

I am beyond pumped about this :)

I will have a friend take some pro pics for you when I have everything mounted for your portfolio :)

See... That's payment enuf right there! :happy:

seems like a match made in heaven :) I am pumped!

I'll show you my odd piece in the livingroom when I get home from work lol

my wife didn't like it at first but it grew on her :)

I'm pretty excited, too. :D

The piece in yer living room sounds interesting.

i'll put some money aside or trade you frags for another piece I have in mind for the livingroom :)

Frags would be cool, but thats a LONG trip. :o

Just let people see the work, and take a few pictures for me.... that's all I ask. ;)

my wife has been wanting something with an owl in the house I will have her start thinking of ideas :)

shoot me a couple of examples, of what you want the owl painting to feel like.

I have a few Ideas already.... I like owls.

I wish I had the money to pay for one! You do great work!

I just got two projects, but if you want to be 3rd in line...

I'll do somethin' for ya. ;)

If it's something small-ish, I could do it soon.

Keep in mind I can paint on ANYTHING.

*canvas, metal, glass, plastic, rock, wood, paper, etc.

I also airbrush T-shirts, and everything else. omgomgomg

I also run a toyota yaris club and know people would love custom painted hoods and such. I can get you in contact with a guy that has a shop in cali who runs a compact car club that would easily be able to get you work too :)

Hmmm small would be good and fish related would be good so I'll think about it and let you know.

I don"t want to get ahead of anyone else so it might be a while.

I also run a toyota yaris club and know people would love custom painted hoods and such. I can get you in contact with a guy that has a shop in cali who runs a compact car club that would easily be able to get you work too :)

That would be SICK!

I've been meaning to head out that way, for a vacation of sorts.

Maybe we can cooridinate and get 'er done... :happy:

I'd love to talk to a shop, after I get my chops back up.... Gotta get the rust out, ya know?

But, I would love to be able to put paint on cars again!

Nothing better than watching your work drive out, into the world. :D

Hmmm small would be good and fish related would be good so I'll think about it and let you know.

I don"t want to get ahead of anyone else so it might be a while.

Lemme know.

well my warranty just ran out on the car... I would be estatic to have my car done. I have a friend of the family who is a paint manager at an auto store I could get you the paints you need at cost :) we have meetings often in the summer and spring in some well traveled spots :) my luck would be my car would get stolen once the work was done lol i've done some sweet custom install stuff already through another friend that owns a sign shop.. I have a sweet lazer cut plexi lighted toyota emblen over my woofer in a hidden box I made :)

well my warranty just ran out on the car... I would be estatic to have my car done. I have a friend of the family who is a paint manager at an auto store I could get you the paints you need at cost :) we have meetings often in the summer and spring in some well traveled spots :) my luck would be my car would get stolen once the work was done lol i've done some sweet custom install stuff already through another friend that owns a sign shop.. I have a sweet lazer cut plexi lighted toyota emblen over my woofer in a hidden box I made :)

Umm....

where are the pics of said, sick 'Yota!?

omgomgomg

i've done some sweet custom install stuff already through another friend that owns a sign shop..

I have a sweet lazer cut plexi lighted toyota emblen over my woofer in a hidden box I made :)

This interests me....

Maybe when I head that way, I could get something done by this guy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinygiantclot...57621313358994/

lol figured i would jump on the work computer and post it.. alot easier than from the phone :)

some pics from last meet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinygiantclot...57623997183697/

picture of the woofer box in daylight

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php?acti...y;sa=view;id=20

small dash accents:

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php?acti...y;sa=view;id=25

my engine cover.. done with tape and spray paint (looks horrible in person.) I re did it in blue and white black)

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php?acti...y;sa=view;id=26

camo-yaris.jpg

i would love this in blue urban camo with street art on it ... probably more artsy with bright colors but the camo breaking out from underneath the design.. like it looks like it was ripped and showing beneath.. that would be sick

lol what would something like that cost? prolly take me a couple years to save for a job like that

lol what would something like that cost? prolly take me a couple years to save for a job like that

At an actual paintshop?

a few grand.

From me?

Cost+200. (and you have to come up w/ a sterile space.)

Cost would fully depend on what kind of paint you wanna use.

It could be $400, or $4,000 depending on what brand you use.

I could grab great paint from the guy I know cheap enough :) well give me a good heads up and i'l start saving :) I could easily borrow my neighbors garage and poly tent it :)

Archived