ReefCleaners.org

How many tanks do you have in your house

dylan1464

2 currently.. supposed to be just 1 but i bought a 20L to part out and cant see wasting the live sand.. lol so its running with a power head and heater just until i can find a buyer for it. lol

my main tank is a 55g in wall build.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exhausted :) i got into nano as i wanted less work and less cost from my 180.... That would have worked had I not gone from 2 to 5 .... 5gallon per tank water change a week plus having to test all 5 gets to be a chore but im happy with the results for now... might try and go with 1 bigger tank at some point maybe a 60g .... but that's later

well by now your prob use to it so it turns into a weekly routine lol...i change the water in my 90 every other week and the nanos every sunday. its not too bad i dont mind it

Operational:

20g Reef Tank

38g Piranha Tank

65g Oscar & Pleco Tank

11g Tetra Tank

28g Running as temp plant storage

5g -II-

8g Acrylic, SW Quarantine Tank

Not Operational

58g Cracked, awaiting replacement or repair.

11g with dead rock, ready for startup.

i have too many.

a 38 SW reef

a 46 bow FW community tank

a 29 FW red belly piranha tank

a 10 FW "local findings" tank

and a 10 FW tank with an elephant nose fish

----------at my dads house-------------

a 10 FW empty tank

a 2.5 SW empty non-reef pico

Operational:

20g Reef Tank

38g Piranha Tank

65g Oscar & Pleco Tank

11g Tetra Tank

28g Running as temp plant storage

5g -II-

8g Acrylic, SW Quarantine Tank

Not Operational

58g Cracked, awaiting replacement or repair.

11g with dead rock, ready for startup.

ummm where did you get the piranhas from? :o

i have too many.

a 38 SW reef

a 46 bow FW community tank

a 29 FW red belly piranha tank

a 10 FW "local findings" tank

and a 10 FW tank with an elephant nose fish

----------at my dads house-------------

a 10 FW empty tank

a 2.5 SW empty non-reef pico

well now i guess ill be starting the solana tonight...it'll be a addition lol

my LFS almost always has red bellies in stock. i think they had a snakeskin in a while ago too.

bad pic but here they are.

0204011735.jpg

first i had a 10g FW, then a 29g FW, then the 29 and a 12g nanocube SW, then i added another 12g nanocube SW, i also had a 5g FW dp tank...but now I just have my 29g as a reef.

one tank. I've tried keeping more than one multiple times and I just can't do it. I end up focusing all of my attention on one tank and the other(s) get completely neglected.

I think its a personal and situational thing; I cannot seem to get more than 4 tanks running together (no matter the size) w/o running out of time to care for everything.

Right now I have 4 tanks. 3 gal pico reef, 10 gal nano reef, 1 gallon planted FW bowl, and 40 gallon planted FW tank.

irondragon013

2 tanks both in my room:

10g Freshwater w/ plants. I really not a planted tank as I threw some plants in it to change it up. Kind of neglected due to:

20 Long reef tank thats about a month and a half old

LFS of course. B)

Its easy when one lives in a country where Piranha's are legal everywhere. :happy:

Had him for 8 years now.

This should become a "sticky" poll, interesting data for sponsors and you don't have to weed through the replies.

yes this thread has really taken off in the past few hours....i made this thread to see if i was the only crazy person with 4 tanks but i guess thats normal these days lol

Trust me...you aint the only crazy one on nanoreef ;-)

Strenght in numbers.

i dont think crazy even describes it....it turns into a obsession lol. i just love having pieces of the ocean in my house :D

3 soon to be 4...3g hex...12g nanocube....5g rimless nano......and a 40g cube. Just getting all my supplies to set uo the 40 now. I tell my wife it's a form of therapy..I dont think she buys it! :(

I have a 40 breeder with a large oscar recovering from Hole-In-The-Head (had it when I started taking care of him, he has come a long way in the past year under my car), a 75 AGA with two juvenile oscars, 3 parrot cichlids, L007 pleco, L137 pleco, geophagus surinimensis, salvini cichlid, and my 5.5 nano-reef (soon to be transferred to 37 column

If you're super into your tank(s) you probably won't ever mind doing water changes and other maintenance. But if you're busy with other stuff it can definitely become a PITA. But you just have to make time to enjoy your tanks... don't let them become a chore. Sit there and enjoy them, because after all, you're (hopefully) putting in the effort to maintain them.

3 in use and 5 empty :D if i had more room they'd all be setup

currently running

125g (big fish FW :D)

75g (SA cichilds)

36g (cichlid grow out)

waiting to be setup

25g (DT)

15g (sump)

5g (ATO reservoir)

use later on

40g breeder

55g

Four running.......

54 Corner, 37 Corner, 10 G with Red Pictus Angler, and a 30 Gallon cycling upgrade for the Angler. And I'm keeping the 10 G up for quarantine...

I had 5 going not long ago...

Archived