SaltCritters.com

My Simple 25G Tank

lilopop11

Last week i go to LFS for buy some fish and invert, i'm look for coral beauty, but they have some nice goby, this is fish and invert list i bought last week :

- Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

- Pinkbar Goby

- Hi Fin Red Banded Goby

- 3 Se*xy Shrimp

- 2 Zebra Crab

- 2 Bumblebee Crab

this is my Orange Stripe Prawn Goby, looks like she's playing hide and seek with me :lol::P

IMG_3683.JPG

Those last zoas are really nice.

Thx animal...First time i bought it, it's big colony..Then i frag and share it with my friend..we always do that, LFS here always sell the corals w/ big colony, however, it can more cheaper BTW :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

After cyano algae, now i face RTN/STN issue, 2 SPS died,n another still stressed..it's beginning when i try to glue my coral into LR with epoxy..Maybe it's because my hand to long in the water...No problem w/ Softies n LPS, but my sps looks p****d o** :angry:

Update for new pic (Actinic Shoots) :

IMG_3797.JPG

My Porcelain n Sexy :

IMG_3902.JPG

Another Zoa Frag :

IMG_3901.JPG

Now that's an awesome picture :lol:

Nice pics lolli.

great looking tank! Must be nice to live right next to some of the best reefs in the world

Thx guys, really appreciate it..

• 3 weeks later...

I've got another SPS from local reefer here, green stylo, purple polyp digitata and unknown SPS,,,its a little brownish, i hope in 2-3 weeks, they color will come back..:lol2:

Id Please ???

IMG_4054.JPG

more close Up :

IMG_4011.JPG

I have a bad news, my tenuis STN, and i must frag them, from this :

IMG_3822%20-%20Copy.JPG

To this :

IMG_4022.JPG

Come on LED, show your true power, make my tenuis growing again :P

some zoa collection :

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

April FTS :

14-4-11.JPG

Those are some sweet SPS pieces.

Thx animal..

+1 sorry about the STN but you still have a really awesome looking tank.

Thx,,i dont know what cause my SPS STN ?All parameter looks okay..

Ca = 450

KH = 9

MG = 1400

Po4 = 0.01

N03 = 0.2

SG = 1.026

But i think it because there's many zoa in my tank, could it be possible ?

Someday i read some article, that LPS + SPS = Not a big problem , but SPS + Softies = Disaster :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

New pic with new camera, im still newbie with DSLR, its more confused than P&S :lol:

So sorry for crapy picture,,,

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3336.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

May 2011 FTS,,,

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3339.JPG

bobmonkey11

right on bud, this tank is going to be sweet when it grows in...i only think people who strive to keep a variety of SPS really appreciate the beauty of reef building coral and understand what keeping a low nutrient system is all about. I also run a primarily zoa and sps tank.

I found your thread via your recent post to my new build thread over on RC. Thanks for your kind words on my new build. Your tank is looking great. I hope to have the same success with my SPS.

Looking good, nice work.

Thx ummwatt, your tank is great.. i always love and like to see more pic from your tank...

right on bud, this tank is going to be sweet when it grows in...i only think people who strive to keep a variety of SPS really appreciate the beauty of reef building coral and understand what keeping a low nutrient system is all about. I also run a primarily zoa and sps tank.

Thx for your kind word bob, i hope you have successfull with your tank too..

I found your thread via your recent post to my new build thread over on RC. Thanks for your kind words on my new build. Your tank is looking great. I hope to have the same success with my SPS.

Thx Urbaneks,

Your nano tank is one of my inspiration, all placement for the coral, it looks perfect,,

im sure your new tank will be more better from your nano..

your tank is amazing! I'm so jealous lol

I especially adore your Harlequin Shrimp :happy:

Thx kzv, i love my harlequin too :happy:

• 1 month later...

this tank is great...how would you compare your LED to a Metal Halide lamp? Which would you choose if you could start all over again?

New pic for this tank after 7 Month running ,,,

Before and After Pic ,,

12 Feb 2011

IMG_3431-1.jpg

Today,

IMG_4153-1.jpg

29 Jan 2011

IMG_3135.jpg

Today,

IMG_4439.jpg

Another pic,,

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

this tank is great...how would you compare your LED to a Metal Halide lamp? Which would you choose if you could start all over again?

Thx DAHNIC561, as for lighting, LED is my favorite, from heat issue until temp color ,, You can chose what kind of temp color you want with DIY your LED Fixture,,and for LED, i see more growth from my SPS,,best equipment i ever had, more to come i want use MP10 for flow than 3 x Tunze 6025 and add more supplement for my lighting...

And forgive me for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean :)

New pic for this tank after 7 Month running ,,,

Thx DAHNIC561, as for lighting, LED is my favorite, from heat issue until temp color ,, You can chose what kind of temp color you want with DIY your LED Fixture,,and for LED, i see more growth from my SPS,,best equipment i ever had, more to come i want use MP10 for flow than 3 x Tunze 6025 and add more supplement for my lighting...

And forgive me for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean :)

Yes i understood everything you meant... I have been wanting to switch to LEDs for a while now...I really like you set-up and wish you more success in the future my friend...

• 2 months later...

Sorry for lack update .. i have a bad news, my sps and few lps bleaching after add 200ml ( usually 50ml ) Phosguard to my system. i dont know why, but my friend says, maybe its because PO4 drain too quickly. i try a various way to get their color back, start from adding lugols, potassion, koral color, pocci glow, Pohl xtra-S, iron, amino acid,,,etc.

But after 2 months, things got worst, so i decide to rescaping my tank and discard many SPS, LPS and Zoa ..

Pic before rescape ..

IMG_3081.JPG

here's pic after rescape ...

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3688.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

More shallow and more simple, give fish more freadom to swim and give SPS more room to grow

• 2 weeks later...
That's an empty looking tank, but good points about the fish and SPS.

I hear ya .. :D

For now i only have coral beauty, maybe i'll add a few more fish .. Sixline is my first priority !!Another, maybe some goby or blenny. i want a good personality fish and eye cacthing. any Suggest ?

Archived