Innovative Marine Aquariums

[old] Rapid LED 4-color par38

tako

5412322736_3cd3e325e6_z.jpg

These random zoas really glow under this light.

5411691763_fd068771f3_z.jpg

Very noticeable color separation through a crack in my rocks. This is always visible, not a result of surface agitation or shimmer.

wow! i want a frag of that zoa! wanna trade? :D

Haha, maybe if I can keep them alive. They were growing just fine for months, but lately they've been on the decline. They used to be much larger and more numerous. Hopefully they'll make a turn around with this new light and bringing my alk back up.

Funktastic Wint
Haha, maybe if I can keep them alive. They were growing just fine for months, but lately they've been on the decline. They used to be much larger and more numerous. Hopefully they'll make a turn around with this new light and bringing my alk back up.

where are u located? if they do perk back up id be interested in trading.

Funktastic Wint
where are u located? if they do perk back up id be interested in trading.

i got my light and hooked it up and am quite pleased! :) it shimmers a lot and is a great 50/50 LED i recommend

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Every thing seems to be happy and growing. I've been lowering the lamp at about 1" per week and haven't seen any signs of bleaching. Still about 10" above the water level; I think 8" will be an ideal height for this tank. I'm amazed how much heat those PC's and hood trapped. The tank used to creep up to 80 even in a cold house, but now it's staying nice and cool at 76 (don't want to go much colder).

The colors of this lamp have really grown on me. I'm starting to take back what I said about the reds still being too muted.

I picked up a new aussie elegance coral a couple days ago. These corals are a risk, but I'm hoping it will live. It's still adjusting in these pictures.

5469496863_5b3e662ab6_z.jpg

5469496873_ff756ced20_z.jpg

Also a shot of the coral with his new friend:

5469496909_9d7ea2447d_z.jpg

The coral is starting to develop a different color than it had with the PC. It now has some darker brown spots that you can't see in this photo.

• 3 years later...

Thought I would update this because you don't hear much about the long term reliability of LEDs. I've had two of these for going on four years now at 10.5 hours a day (roughly 15,000 hours). Still growing corals great and I haven't had a single issue despite the occasional splashing of salt water.

Archived