inTank Media Baskets

Review: Mini-Jelliquarium

Shunyata

good luck with your jellies! subscribing to this one.

after talking to the owner of the lfs i goto he explained how you have to use a jellyfish specific tank due to the fact that they will get sucked into the filter and/or chopped up in powerheads. he said the cheapest setup they sell is $1000 at his store. also said if i ever started one he could get the ones that stobe different colors when the lights are off.

Tank with light on in the dark (no jellies yet):

post-61780-1296012699_thumb.jpg

Marked the water levels in back when pump is off and when pump is on for future reference:

post-61780-1296012694_thumb.jpg

I thought you might like to see the stock light colors.

Both lights on:

post-61780-1296184003_thumb.jpg

Just the blue:

post-61780-1296183668_thumb.jpg

And just the white:

post-61780-1296183673_thumb.jpg

Sorry, my camera does not handle low-light well.

thats alot of big for jellies.

but definately pimp

Thanks! They are so worth it! I intend to stock a couple more in the very near future. :)

Whatcha feeding your Aurelia?

Funny you should ask, as today was my first attempt at feeding live baby brine shrimp. Hatching was easy, but harvesting was... shall we say 'cumbersome'. I'll get the hang of this though (I hope). *heh*

Before this I've was feeding them JellfishArt's frozen food, Azoo's liquid jellyfish food, and frozen baby brine shrimp. I've been trying to give them some variety.

Sweet! You got your jellies! Could you tell me what type of pump is in there and the flowrate if you know off hand. From the video you posted it looks pretty slow/low-flow.

Sweet! You got your jellies! Could you tell me what type of pump is in there and the flowrate if you know off hand. From the video you posted it looks pretty slow/low-flow.

The main pump is a Rio 1400 & the flowrate is adjusted via a ball valve. From what I've read, the 'right' speed is all about the size and shape of your jellies. My experience confirms this: my smaller jelly will get caught on the outflow if I turn it up a notch, but the larger is not affected. The slower rate seems to keep them both happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived