pschom

Test results this morning at 9.

Sal 1.026 before top off

Ammo 0

Nitrate 0

Ph low at around 7.8

Calc 430

KH/Alk 7.0/2.51

Not sure how to get a stable ph. At peak photoperiod its high and it drops at night. I know this is normal, but it seems a little excessive. Also, everything growing well and sucking up the calcium like crazy. I don't want to go back to dosing, but I'll probably get more sps soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats the name of the substrate your using?

It's called Carib Sea Tahitian Moon sand. Overall I like it, but I don't think I would get it again soon. Maybe for a larger tank.

Pros:

Looks great

Seeds well

Is small enough for most sand sifting creatures (watchman..)

Cons:

Sleek black look goes away over time with shells, molts...

Sand has magnetic properties (no clue why) sticks to mag float

Is it wak that I don't like goodbyes? I traded my BC29 into the LFS. With all the cool stuff I got in return, I always see it for sale and miss it. I've learned so much and we definitely had our fair share of fights and friendships. I'll miss you old friend, but my new tank is kick a$$! ;) See you in the next life. Goodbye.

• 2 months later...

this was a great read, and you detail your findings very well. good luck with your new tank, i know it will start and go 10x better than the last, now that you have experience under your wing. starting things our right the first time makes down the road a hell of a lot easier!

Archived