Top Shelf Aquatics

New LED drivers

jetfixr

No more than about 12-15 feet.

Also, will you be expanding the range of drivers available or will you offer other drivers (such as 100W and 150W) drivers by special order?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 15ft, you loose over half a volt along the length of the driver using 23/24awg wire. That's too much for me personally. I like to keep voltage drops along wire to less than 0.15v to increase efficiency. That would require 18awg wire. It's still usable, but larger wire will increase the overall system efficiency.

I received the new drivers yesterday and just hooked them up. You should never use another driver for a DIY build. Simple, small and run cooler than ice! I picked up the 700mA unit and I can run 15 LED's on each driver. The adjustment is much more fine tune too.

If your thinking of doing a DIY build, use these drivers! Period.

Great stuff Clive. Wish I could have used these for the monster builds. ;)

-Dave

Nice... so I can use two TRC-040S070DS drivers for a tiny bit more $ than the meanwells. I could add more LEDs instead of running them at 1050ma. Hmmm... I like it. :)

Brandon

I think after a couple of posts people are scared to use this driver because of DC currents. As long as your careful these are the best drivers hands down. I hooked mine up in minutes and there was nothing to it!

Pricing is only a couple dollars more!

-Dave

Archived