Coral Vue Hydros

anyone interested in a tidepool all in one setup?

miketron75

I have designed and constructed a few versions of a kind of a chopped down nano type tank that is shallow, like a tide pool and can have rocks sticking up out of the water for crabs to climb out and starfish to hang on. Can support any tide pool creatures, fish and even corals.Just putting it out there to see if anyone is interested....

tide pool tidepool setup

post-26146-1295915729_thumb.jpg

I have designed and constructed a few versions of a kind of a chopped down nano type tank that is shallow, like a tide pool and can have rocks sticking up out of the water for crabs to climb out and starfish to hang on. Can support any tide pool creatures, fish and even corals.Just putting it out there to see if anyone is interested....

tide pool tidepool setup

What do you mean if anyone is interested i am very interested these tanks thinking about making my tank one like this except i don't think i can make it an all in one

What do you mean if anyone is interested i am very interested these tanks thinking about making my tank one like this except i don't think i can make it an all in one

Hey there,

What I mean is that I build them, its totally doable all in one and if you want on I will sell you one! I have multiple models but the simplest works like a nanocube with the filtration area in the back. When you get into rising and falling waterlevels the evaporation increases emensly, cost goes way up and its really not that cool unless its a big display. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics of my designes!

• 2 weeks later...

ok... but my living room barely fits my 14g biocube. Maybe I can fit it somewhere else. whats your shipping cost? Also what return pump do you run on that tank?

ok... but my living room barely fits my 14g biocube. Maybe I can fit it somewhere else. whats your shipping cost? Also what return pump do you run on that tank?

I can sell this size for 250$ it runs on a rio 800 pump. shipping is depending in where you live...

I can sell this size for 250$ it runs on a rio 800 pump. shipping is depending in where you live...

I can custom make this in any size so it can range from 150$-5million(for killer whales and sealion setup)lol!

That's pretty sweet. If i didnt just add LEDS to my tank a few months ago I might have grabbed this instead.

Right on man....thx for the interest...these things make ya spend that $$ right lol! gotta love it!

Sold, pending more pics and price quotes (maybe feedback if possible) I still need my 3'x3'x13" built by some one that replies to emails on occasion haha. Maybe a smaller tank to start, but thats my big plan.

Sorry, short version, if you could shoot me a pm that would be great.

What thickness of acrylic are you using for the tanks? Think you could do one in 3/4? If so how much?
the bottom is 3/8" , the rest is 1/4....plenty thick enough...3/4" would be way overkill, and about 500$, but I can certainly do it...
Sold, pending more pics and price quotes (maybe feedback if possible) I still need my 3'x3'x13" built by some one that replies to emails on occasion haha. Maybe a smaller tank to start, but thats my big plan.

Sorry, short version, if you could shoot me a pm that would be great.

pm sent!

yes they make you spend and spend and spend! Good luck with everything and when I get a chance Ill pm you to see if I can have a smaller version made

AquaticEngineer
the bottom is 3/8" , the rest is 1/4....plenty thick enough...3/4" would be way overkill, and about 500$, but I can certainly do it...

Just curious because if I got one I would need it to be at least 3/4 acrylic to prevent condensation build up since it would be for a coldwater tidepool tank.

Archived