Coral Vue Hydros

jgoldwood's 40 breeder

jgoldwood

the light looks good on there the color looks good which mh bulbs are you going to go with

Thanks. I'm going with two Phoenix 14K, and then a pair of Blue+ and Actinics.

I keep looking back at the pics and i am longing for a 40b but dang! They are frigging expencive!

What did you decide on?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Van Reef

Looking real good man. I always love the two island look, especially with dual MH fixtures.

How do you like the skimmer? I'm between SWC and Reef Octopus, but I cant decide.

Looking real good man. I always love the two island look, especially with dual MH fixtures.

How do you like the skimmer? I'm between SWC and Reef Octopus, but I cant decide.

Hey, man. I haven't even used the skimmer yet so I'm not sure. The two island look might be gone as well, as I had some extra rock and was hoping for some more surface area for coral placement. I am not good at scaping.

Lee Van Reef
Hey, man. I haven't even used the skimmer yet so I'm not sure. The two island look might be gone as well, as I had some extra rock and was hoping for some more surface area for coral placement. I am not good at scaping.

I'm sure it will look good. The scape on my 10 gallon looks like a pile of rocks lol

Just waiting on things to color up, so I can order my CUC from John. Some goodies came in today though..

c58ab99b.jpg

Cha ching!!!

Im getting my order from brs tomorrow. I hate spending money on maintence/hardgoods. Need more money for livestock!!!

Using a reactor, gutter?

Yeah, im running a single with gfo and carbon.

I ordered brs rox carbon and their gfo pellets. I am using granuals now and they are a pain in the ass.

Damn... I just ordered granuals.

The main problem seem to be tha the some of the granuals get caught in the sponges and restrict the flow. When I see less tumbling I just crank up the power head to kind of purge it and then dial back down.

Maybe the dual reactor will be different? To be honest, I've never used a reactor before so I'll be learning as I go.

Still nothing on my tests or visible in the tank. It's been a month now - maybe no cycle.

Is all your rock dry rock? I would have thought u would have a cycle by now. Mine took 2 weeks.

Are you gonna be at the INDMAS or WORC Frag swaps?

Hey, man. It was base rock, with live sand and a bit of live rock. I too figured I'd have a cycle by now. On top of that, I put a hardy fish (clown) in there to hopefully get a bioload going and still nothing.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend those meets.

Hey, man. It was base rock, with live sand and a bit of live rock. I too figured I'd have a cycle by now. On top of that, I put a hardy fish (clown) in there to hopefully get a bioload going and still nothing.

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend those meets.

BOOO. The frag swaps are perfect ways to get some really nice startup frags!!!

Have you added a CUC yet and what are all your tests at?

BOOO. The frag swaps are perfect ways to get some really nice startup frags!!!

Have you added a CUC yet and what are all your tests at?

No CUC, as there is seemingly nothing for them to eat. I did have what I thought was the start of some cyano on the sand, but it has disappeared. All tests - ammonia, nitrate and nitrite - are all readying zero.

so your basically 3 weeks with nothing. Hmmm it still a little early to say anything, but you might be out of the woods. That would be nice. did you ever see and ammonia or nitrite spike?

I never had a spike. No I haven't tried jump starting the cycle. I took my water to the LFS today to have it tested, to make sure my test were alright. Sure enough they were - all zero

Hmmm you could try to jup the spike by either putting a dead shrimp in or just putting a couple hermits....not an expert on that so ask around

To be honest, I have put a few clowns in there. I figured their waste would cause something. Still no changing levels in the tank.

Archived