inTank Media Baskets

Does this mean I'm out of the Nano-world?

LakerFan

NIce tank. WHat is your specs. What kinda overlow you got a sandpipe? . I wouldnt say you are kicked out. You can just post here and at reefcentral now. Col tank is it acrylic

Tank specs:

Got the tank from J-Bass, he gave me a good deal on it. 40gal predrilled with a 1.5 inch bulkhead as the drain.

Sump is a modified BS-2 sump from Marinedepot. (the first baffle was raised for the refugium area)

Refugium light is a 13W bookwork light thanks to Jahkaya

Mag 9.5 for the return running through a SCWD

AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ MJ 1200

Current lights 2x55 watt PC's but as you can see, I am upgrading to a PFO Custom hood that houses 2x55W PC's and a 250 W MH all run on IceCap Ballasts. The tank is still empty, but it will fill up soon with some clams and more corals. :)

One more pic, just got this last week from Pacific Reef in Anaheim

I'm leaning more towards a blue background, but that's after I install the light. BTW, I forgot to mention that the hood has a PFO moonlight in it as well. It will work great with the Coralife dual timer that I have.

The drain does skim the surface of the tank, but not as good as an overflow box would. I would have loved to do a skimmer/overflow box (and still have plans to do it) but this is how the tank was set up when I got it. If you can use a standard overflow box, I would greatly suggest it as you get more surface area that you can skim from on the top.

Mmmmmmm nice tank. B) Get some pics up when you set the pendant up! Especially when you get some clams. I think I read somewhere on reefcentral that you work at marinedepot? Or maybe I'm mistaken. Anyways, go Lakes tonite vs Golden State.

Your tank looks great! It's funny, I have almost the same exact equipment as you; same lights, AquaC Remora, Mag 9.5, SCWD... :P Except mine's going on a 29 gal w/ 10 gal sump. Guess I'm also in the 'barely nano' club!

I'm in So Cal too, go Lakers! (And Ducks, and Angels, and...)

Dude, you are out %110. You are no longer allowed to post here.

NOTANANO NOTANANO!!!

I can't wait to see you tomorrow so I can kick your ass just for the thought of posting this.

Regardless the tank looks awesome. The Lee mar worked out great. Where's all your Zoos? I like the nice open aquascaping.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey LakerFan....

How do you have you SCWD attached to the back of the tank? Did you use a coat-hanger like they suggest?

-moore

Nice tank. Where di you get it? I want a rimless 20-40L when I can upgrade. Also, I think you should paint the background a highly reflective light blue. It'd help out with lighting angles. Just my $.02 tho. GREAT Tank!

-Justin

Ooooooh! I LOVE it! This tank is one of the nicest looking tanks I've seen in a long time. IMO, if it weren't for the SQWD, I would suggest going without a background. The clear corners and top make it have a look all it's own. Is that a tank you can get easily, or was it specially made?

Archived