inTank Media Baskets

ID this nem

matt frizz

sorry didn't have a chance to take a new pic cuz i've been busy w/ finals and setting up a quarantine tank. I checked out that link and I'm definitely going to bring baby plate into the question but it still does not have the convex shape of the plate's i saw in the pics. If it is a plate it will probably start to show the shape soon so I'll know for sure.

I'll get some new pics up soon.

Wow thank you for all the pics, I found one in the first link that looks almost exactly like mine.

fungia3[1].jpg

So, I will now eat my words, it's a plate for sure. I poked it the other day with tweezers around the edge to feel for a hard skeleton and guess what, it has one.

Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks for setting me straight. Now my question is, should I try to pry it off of the rock in an attempt to create another baby? Or should I just wait until it wants to move down to the sand bed? Its approximately 1/2-3/4" in diameter at the moment.

lolz I'm actually more exited that it turned out to be a plate because that was a coral that I wanted to buy eventually anyways. Plus the colors on it are great. Can't wait for it to grow and start moving down to the sand bed!

Big Al's Online
lolz I'm actually more exited that it turned out to be a plate because that was a coral that I wanted to buy eventually anyways. Plus the colors on it are great. Can't wait for it to grow and start moving down to the sand bed!

Best part is that after it pops off you're likely to get several more.

Best part is that after it pops off you're likely to get several more.

Can't wait! Does anybody know about how big they get before they move to the sand?

Archived