inTank Media Baskets

300 LED Build

DaveFason

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually the guy that is working on the tank. I did wanna use something other than chain, but with what I had available to me yesterday at Lowe's, chain was my only option. This customer has been itching to have this light up ASAP, so this is how it had to be done.

This is what it looks like with the front covers on.

68185_1750954297227_1339963977_1876728_692232_n.jpg

Your diy looks great!

The client a friend and i were working with wasnt down with diy, so we ended up hanging twenty one 112 watt LED fixtures over a 2500 gallon tank. Its really amazing how much punch down LED's have. The tank is five feet deep and twelve feet long and at the sand bed we were getting 200+ par on an apogee meter.

Lights on the rack:

IMG_2071.JPG

front of tank:

IMG_2065.JPG

the shadow on the left hand side is because of a return pipe that was running across one of the cross braces. We re-located it to the far left side and there is no more shadow now.

Side bar here, but with all these 'big rigs' you can see why I'm so interested in working with higher powered LED's. If we had 20watt royals to work with we could seriously make these big light more practical, less compelx and likely cheaper.

Yeah, all you big led guys! I got a par38 AND your lucky i dont post some pics of that baby in action! LOL!! Great build guys the light is amazing! Leonitis and his bold 300!!!

Hi Dave now that alls said & done. thought I'd ask some ? about the experience. I assume that it's pushing 300 par at the sand if not more. but are there readings to give a definite answer as to how strong the build is. next anything new or interesting you learned in the process figure that you've done plenty at this point so there may not be much but hey worth asking. anything else that I'm not knowledgable enough about the leds to know to ask.

Archived