SaltCritters.com

The other tank.... 15 gallons of amazing.

Coastie

How'd I miss this? Cool tank man! What's the Pom Pom like...... out and about or hides?

I dunno, it's in my signature?

The pom pom is hiding most of the time but every once and a while you'll see him out.

thats a pretty nice bass.. i've only ever caught two bass, one was 9 inches and the other was almost 2 inches.. <_< ahahah

i like your tank too! you should post a new FTS soon tho.

Thanks! I've caught plenty of 9" bass, and (although I hate to admit it the 2" ones as well). A lot of time and devotion required.

Also I have been kinda neglecting this tank lately since it's going to get replaced soon..... :D but that's super top secret stuff.

For whatever reason I've always thought that was one of the singing fish. It didn't even occur to me that it was real until you caught it.

I guess it does look like one of those haha. Nah it was real, fishing on a lake in VA out of a john boat. The fish made the boat spin in circles. I almost pissed myself when the fish jumped.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here, more fish

4c7dff1b.jpg

Since this thread is about a temporarily boring tank haha

once again.. nice fish! was that a fly rod?

i figure since this is a saltwater forum i might as well post a saltwater fish....

here is a couple of croaker i caught a while back.

downsize_1.jpg

downsize.jpg

Nope, baitcaster. I don't fly fish, for some reason I don't have much interest in it.

Where in MD do you live? I used to live just outside of Baltimore in Pasadena.

Go O's

Nope, baitcaster. I don't fly fish, for some reason I don't have much interest in it.

Where in MD do you live? I used to live just outside of Baltimore in Pasadena.

Go O's

fly fishing certainly is quite different. i do it sometimes but not often cause i dont live close enough to any freshwater thats open enough to be whipping around 15 or 20 feet of line.

i live in right near the mouth of the patuxent river, in solomons.

as for the comment about the orioles... i saw cal ripken jr play in one of his very last games, of course i was too young to remember any of the details

Yup, I saw him play in a bunnch of them. My father actually played baseball with him when they were younger (He's from Aberdeen too).

Yup, I saw him play in a bunnch of them. My father actually played baseball with him when they were younger (He's from Aberdeen too).

its a small world.. isnt it?

EDIT: unless you in the ocean

Nice fish. You use a baitcaster? My brother says I need to get one of those. I have a couple nice spinning reels/rods but no baitcasters.

I dunno, it's in my signature?

The pom pom is hiding most of the time but every once and a while you'll see him out.

Ya, it's in your sig. I ride the short bus more often than not! Can't wait to see the "top secret" project.

Nice fish. You use a baitcaster? My brother says I need to get one of those. I have a couple nice spinning reels/rods but no baitcasters.

Pretty much all I use! The bass pro reels are actually some of my favorite. I have one on a carbon fiber rod I got from cabellas and I very rarely use any of my other 4-5 rods because I love it so much.

I do a lot of fishing with plastics though. I don't care much for crankbaits and the quicker options (unless it's spring).

Pretty much all I use! The bass pro reels are actually some of my favorite. I have one on a carbon fiber rod I got from cabellas and I very rarely use any of my other 4-5 rods because I love it so much.

I do a lot of fishing with plastics though. I don't care much for crankbaits and the quicker options (unless it's spring).

I just got back from Elkhorn a little while ago. I've been using crankbaits and spinners. No luck today though. So I decided to change it up a bit. Went to Sportsman's Warehouse and got some jig heads and some fake stuff (strike king bitsy tubes, Gulp! worms, leeches and shaky shad). Also picked up some Trilene Fluorocarbon as I've never used fluorocarbon before. Putting it on my two reels right now. I just have two Ugly Stik's. One is a 5'6" Light action with a Pflueger President and the other is a 6' Medium action with a Shimano Sedona. Oh and I have a 7' Ugly Stik Catfish rod with a bigger Pflueger President. But I haven't used it yet.

They're prob still sluggish from winter. I would try some worms, rubber of course. Try them carolina rigged or texas rigged. Fish them slooowwwwwwww...

Try these http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto-Senko.../62284/-1035862

My favorites, don't do the blue, pretty much the rest of them should work. Remember fish structure, try deeper water, and SLOWWWW.

That Gary Yamamoto stuff sure is expensive.

• 1 month later...

So, you said the tank was going to change. What's going on with it?

I almost bought this exact same tank today. Just saying.

Well I am in the slow process of building a new tank (little more difficult tearing apart an old tank than I thought). This tank has kinda been in auto pilot minus water changes, and added some coral. I built an LED fixture for it, but still have a few finishing touches to add to it.

Anyhow here are some pictures for some possible idea planning for you.

FTS:

bb7fdcf1.jpg

$25 Brain:

96355fe2.jpg

$14 Acans:

ebe7e8ce.jpg

I am noticing a small amount of hair algae on the rocks, I am thinking it might be due to my bulbs, I'll be changing them soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
that was fast..

Yeah, it was just kind of annoying maintaining two tanks. Ended up moving all inhabitants of the 15 into my 40 and all are still alive and kicking and happy (well I think they are) to this day.

I was going to build a tank but decided against it. So now I have a bunch of glass just lying around haha.

Archived