Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sunstar's Nemesis Portal

Sunstar

ok i see what you're sayin.. yea i was gonna get the individual ones.. mainly the strontium.. don't wanna mess with iodine or calcium yet...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

When I get the money coming in to supply my parts requirements. I have plans I just need time and money to execute them. I have decided I am going to go LED on my 25 gallon (I got the tank) 30 gallon Sump (with deep sand bed refugium) Parts like Skimmer and ATO and Dosing.... all being penned out. Will take time. Also I spent a pile on my 2 gallon's operation.

Yeah I hear you.. these tanks are money pits. LOL.

Well at least when you go larger, the fact you are going with a sump should make it easier for you to find a good used skimmer that someone wants to get rid of because they upgraded or don't like their current one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I miss how this tank looked, after the crash of 2012 (lost both the pico and nano - separate events.) I am thinking toward the summer - I may get a small air con installed.

No life, but I have been cleaning it.

I drained it again recently, took everything out, took the tank and replaced it then put everything back. This arrangement is more open - easier to get to clean the sides. Having a hair algae issue. Fireworms are chowing at it too.

Currently I do not have light to sustain corals so I may go dendros and a fish or two. It was running neglected for two years - I wanted the rock maintained and life kept in it. It is now being maintained again, Some rock is mature, some has been replaced to make for a roomier setup. Also the HOB fuge still has the sand in it untouched - although I have reduced the rubble.

crappy cell pic
IMG_20150228_211007.jpg

all the lights need bulbs replacing. I will do that in warmer weather. Right now it can be a fowlr. Nitrates are almost nill. I am seeding it with small creatures from my pico, we have chaeto and Brachypus Caulptra in the fuge.

When lights come I an contemplating a smaller BTA and a pair of clowns.

• 1 year later...

The pico crashed as a result of the ATO fill line slipping and entering the tank while I was away, and it cycled through a sypon and fill creating a brackish water which wiped the tank out.

the Nano was lost due to heat.

Archived