Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My New Manta Ray, Evil's Par 38, and whatever else comes along

TonyMontana

Pictures! Sorry if they aren't the best...the LEDs make it a challenge to get a good picture. The live rock I found is amazing...it is completely plastered with coralline algae. I do have a question. I have found that there is some condensation on the lid of my tank...any suggestions on how to minimize this? I haven't tested any water parameters yet...just going to let the tanks settle for now. Anyways Ill post some other pictures tomorrow when the water clears up even more. I'm already loving the look of the tank though.

post-59112-1290310933_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310939_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310952_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310960_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310970_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310978_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290310990_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you want the condensation, it helps minimize your salinity changes by minimizing evaporation from the tank.

If it bothers you so much, clean the lid during a weekly water change. i dont know of any safe way to stop the condensation. why is it such an aesthetic problem?

looks nice from what i can see, lets see it when the sand settles. run some filter floss and discard it every few days to get he silt out.

Also how about that large reef tank that you like lol, I would like to see an example of what your want this tank to be.

Hey,

The condensation doesn't bother me at all...last night when I first got started it just seemed to be condensing really quickly but it's calmed down this morning. Everything is really starting to clear up so Ill make sure to snap a few pictures. Tanks is holding at around 79.5 degress at the moment. I am running the filter floss and it is picking up quite a bit of sand so I will continue per your advice and change it every couple of days. Meanwhile here is the full tank shot of a larger tank that I like.

post-59112-1290341180_thumb.jpg

Also...went to Daytona Beach and Jacksonville this weekend for a little getaway from work. Stopped by a LFS called BioReef INC in Jacksonville that was just amazing. Here is a few pictures of two clams that were just incredible. The larger of the two was grown up by a man in his private tank but it got so large it was blowing water all over the place every time it shut. I guess he had a dedicated metal halide for it as well. The thing was just amazing to look at. Tough to tell you how great this store was. They had an amazing selection and were super friendly.

post-59112-1290341468_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290341558_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1290341589_thumb.jpg

Checked my parameters today...

pH was 8.0

Ammonia was 0 ppm

Nitrite was 0 ppm

Nitrate was 0 ppm

Did nobody else think those clams were amazing?...i expected to hear a comment or two about those...

Hey,

The condensation doesn't bother me at all...last night when I first got started it just seemed to be condensing really quickly but it's calmed down this morning. Everything is really starting to clear up so Ill make sure to snap a few pictures. Tanks is holding at around 79.5 degress at the moment. I am running the filter floss and it is picking up quite a bit of sand so I will continue per your advice and change it every couple of days. Meanwhile here is the full tank shot of a larger tank that I like.

Tanks coming along nicely! I really like your light setup, very clean.

Just curious where you got that full tank shot of the other tank from? I'd really like to check it out!

That store you got that fixture from. That is my LFS! I had no idea they had that.

You're tank has amazing potential. I'm digging those dimensions. I don't remember if you said it or not but where did you get the tank?

Quick update...added two blue legged hermits and 2 margarita snails to my tank...quite fun watching them clean all the diatoms up.

Quick update...added two blue legged hermits and 2 margarita snails to my tank...quite fun watching them clean all the diatoms up.

Be warned, Margarita snails are very sensitive to water parameters at high temperatures (80+)

trochus, astreas and regular ceriths are in the same size range. I say get 1 only.

dwarf ceriths are cool too and are hardy and will breed, get about 2 of them to start :)

I don't think there's anything I don't like about this whole set up except that it's not mine!

Well thank you...hopefully with the help of those on here I can keep it going strong

trochus, astreas and regular ceriths are in the same size range. I say get 1 only.

dwarf ceriths are cool too and are hardy and will breed, get about 2 of them to start :)

I do appreciate the advice very much.

just suggestions lol, if you get more than 1 of something or refuse to get dwarf ceriths I wont be angry (i understand my message might have sounded aggressive :lol:)

Archived