Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My New Manta Ray, Evil's Par 38, and whatever else comes along

TonyMontana

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any updates? Can you snap some pics of your back chambers. Just trying to get ideas for mine. Thanks.

Hey,

Nothing super crazy to update. I will shoot some pictures for you tomorrow of the rear chambers. I will hopefully have some updates soon...my residency is quite time consuming lately.

Any updates? Can you snap some pics of your back chambers. Just trying to get ideas for mine. Thanks.

So sorry for the delay...here are a couple of the back of the tank and my new coral.

post-59112-1295215610_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1295215621_thumb.jpg

post-59112-1295215637_thumb.jpg

does your ATO sensor work correctly? i noticed it was in the back chamber, and there would be a problem if the water level in the back chamber never changes. I had the problem when i put the ATO sensor in my AC fuge. water level never changes there so i had to move it to the display. nice coral.

does your ATO sensor work correctly? i noticed it was in the back chamber, and there would be a problem if the water level in the back chamber never changes. I had the problem when i put the ATO sensor in my AC fuge. water level never changes there so i had to move it to the display. nice coral.

Yeah it works perfectly. The water level does change in the chamber with the pump as well as the middle chamber. In the first chamber where it overflows it does not. I left it unplugged for a few days on accident and those two chambers were the only two I noticed a water level difference. The main tank and the overflow chamber water level seemed to be where they always are.

And thanks. I moved some stuff around so my GSP is all pissy and not opening and the hermits are using it like a playground so hopefully it opens back up soon.

So bad news...the open brain is like completely white...it appears that all of the colored tissue has gone....I can still see parts moving in the center but I must say I have no clue what the issue is...all the tank parameters are good. Any thoughts...is this bad boy doomed?

post-59112-1295923737_thumb.jpg

He looks to be already doomed...

On a brighter note, thanks for the back chamber pics, I just wanted an Idea before mine arrived. I have mine all setup and love it! Manta Ray Club ;)

He looks to be already doomed...

On a brighter note, thanks for the back chamber pics, I just wanted an Idea before mine arrived. I have mine all setup and love it! Manta Ray Club ;)

Any thoughts on what causes this? Too much light? Not Enough?

Congrats on the tank btw! Cant wait to see it!

how are the parameters including salinity and everything else? also the temperature? maybe the temp got too cold or hot at some point during the past few days that this happened.

If the lighting was an issue you would have seen an obvious reaction from the coral - scrunching up and not opening. or at least bleaching at first w/o tissue flying off.

also moving things around, could that have caused any change in your water chemistry? did you see any detritis/dust fly up into the water and cloud the water?

how are the parameters including salinity and everything else? also the temperature? maybe the temp got too cold or hot at some point during the past few days that this happened.

If the lighting was an issue you would have seen an obvious reaction from the coral - scrunching up and not opening. or at least bleaching at first w/e tissue flying off.

also moving things around, could that have caused any change in your water chemistry? did you see any detritis/dust fly up into the water and cloud the water?

The parameters have been solid as has the temperature. What I can say is we did see tissue coming off of the coral and it just continued to lose color. I just dont know what caused the colored tissue portion to keep falling off...

did you acclimate the coral correctly to your tank originally? also how long was it in transit, did the water get too cold before it got to your tank? if the salinity of its original tank's water was a bit different from yours, did you make sure to acclimate it slowly?

those are the only issues i can think of other than it just plain hating your light.

did you acclimate the coral correctly to your tank originally? also how long was it in transit, did the water get too cold before it got to your tank? if the salinity of its original tank's water was a bit different from yours, did you make sure to acclimate it slowly?

those are the only issues i can think of other than it just plain hating your light.

Could be a combination...the acclimation may not have been as slow as it could have been...you're probably on target with that.

Archived