Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Build in Opti-White with PAR38

BigBad82

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a crazy 24 hours with the new Wheeler's addition. He's fully grown and is massive compared to the yellow clown and green banded and it's just been a right pain in the neck, very aggressive towards them so it's being returned to the LFS tonight and i'll be picking up a young Yasha to replace it. Updated pics later on.

animalmaster6

Now that's weird. They are a very peaceful species. SOrry to see you had such a bad experiance with a wonderful fish :(

Hope the Yasha goes well :)

Yeah I was very surprised everything i've read on it suggested peaceful, I was reluctant to take it back but for the sake of the other 2 I felt I had no choice. Bought my Yasha and a Tiger Pistol Shrimp so very happy.

Yasha don't usually pair with Tiger Pistol Shrimps. Occasionally they do though. Good Luck.

Red banded pistol shrimp is what I needed :o I got mixed up in all the excitement, bother!

Is the flexible neck on the Ikea floor lamp able to support the weight of the PAR38 bulb or does it want to sag and aim back towards itself?

it does sag so you don't have complete freedom, if you see on the pics tho i've managed to twist it into a position where it is very sturdy and supports the bulb, this way the bulb is pointing slightly inwards which is what i wanted and it's at a height i'm happy with.

• 3 weeks later...

This project just took a last minute turn due to me regretting not having a cabinet, so bought one from Ikea with a Black Gloss Door. New tank will be 595mm x 390mm (300mm display) x 300mm. I've went for Opti-White with a black silicon finish and it's due for christmas. Also ordered another 20k PAR38 60 optic bulb so will have 2 covering 12" x 12" area each.

post-53688-1291983503_thumb.jpg

Got my light fixtures up, just need to adjust the middle as it's slightly off that'll teach me for guessing. Will be running 20k 60 optics Par38s on the two outer ones and middle will be for moonlighting.

post-53688-1292093331_thumb.jpg

What do you plan on doing with the tank you had built originally.

Got an awesome tank builder and he said he'd have no trouble selling it so happy days.

No he had only received the glass but hadn't built it, and I got cold feet about not having a cabinet and wanted something just a little bigger aswell. He was like I'll build you any tank you want don't worry about the glass from last dimensions so hey presto, can't wait to get it up and running now.

gulfsurfer101

Nice, so the same guy is biulding your bigger tank then. I hope it comes out well. I'll be checking back in to see how things progress.

Don't think my tiger pistol has paired with my yasha, anyway I've sourced a red banded pistol from Holland and will be getting him in a couple weeks and finding a good home for my tiger.

My question is however will other shrimp be safe with the red banded i.e. sexy or peppermint?

animalmaster6
My question is however will other shrimp be safe with the red banded i.e. sexy or peppermint?

Yes. That species is super peaceful towards other species. They are very compatible with each other.

Yes. That species is super peaceful towards other species. They are very compatible with each other.

absolute music to my ears!!! thank you, just gotta find a loving home for my tiger pistol.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my red banded pistol shrimp and he's paired with my Yasha straight away (thanks animalmaster6)! Also got a couple frags delivered ready for the new tank.

If you like gobies, check out the panda gobies... Had one for 2 years, gave it to my brother, and...PRESTO! Fishsticks! :angry:

I actually love the look of those little guys but not seen any in my lfs over last 2 years.

They are pretty hard to come by at a lfs. Your better off ordering online, but then that little fish becomes quite expensive with shipping and all! :rant:

Archived