Cultivated Reef

[BioCube 29] Best option for a water heater

BogataTRACKER

Hi everyone,

I am new to saltwater and just setup my BioCube 29 yesterday. So far my setup is 100% stock out of the box. My water temp is hovering at 74F and I don’t have a heater installed. I have a good size heater but its way too long for chamber #1.

My questions to the experts, what is the best (affordable) way to heat my tank? Please include a make and model and any install methods. My friend said I also need a Protein skimmer so I need space for that at some point. The owners manual is vague about this subject.

Thank you all so much for your help and feel free to add multiple ideas.

Steve

BioCube.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
One

Tunze 9002 also in an option for the BC29

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

Stevie, if using your media rack and fuge rack, is there a skimmer option for chamber one? I've hear of AquaticLife 115 fitting in there. Are there any other options and is this a good/worthwhile investment?

I do weekly 5g water changes in my BC29 and am not heavily stocked but would like to start adding a bunch of corals soon.

My tank: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=250632

BogataTRACKER
If you go stealth make sure it is one of the new school ones and not the OG with with the red adjustment dial. I had two blow up on me in the last 2 months. I've got a thread on it someplace around here.

Stealth Heater Warning

Thanks for the tip. I think I have the new one. The knob has a LED light inside it. When the knob is green its at temp and red it's on. I also keep a backup heater just in case, it's my water change heater.

BogataTRACKER
If you go stealth make sure it is one of the new school ones and not the OG with with the red adjustment dial. I had two blow up on me in the last 2 months. I've got a thread on it someplace around here.

Stealth Heater Warning

I also read the thread, it was helpful. I'll keep an eye out for problems. This forum is great. Thanks again. Steve

bluefunelement

I seem to remember breaking out the false floor in chamber one to fit my ebo-jager 100w

I would not put it into chamber 3 unless you run your water too low one day it could pop.

Chamber 1 will almost always stay full of water.

I went with Stevie Mediabasket. Heater in first, media basket and tunze in second and pump in third. My tank is running awesome. All parameters are perfect. Don't forgot chemi-pure and purigen. Also, i do weekly water changes with Coralife salt. PM Stevie he will get you on the right path.

Stevie, if using your media rack and fuge rack, is there a skimmer option for chamber one? I've hear of AquaticLife 115 fitting in there. Are there any other options and is this a good/worthwhile investment?

I do weekly 5g water changes in my BC29 and am not heavily stocked but would like to start adding a bunch of corals soon.

My tank: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=250632

If you would like a skimmer than go with the Aquatic Life. It isn't 100% necessary but helpful.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/AquaticLife-I...115-AL01114.htm

• 9 years later...

I'm not an expert, but I'm having Aqueon Pro Aquarium Heater 300W for mine. this model is recommended for aquariums up to 100 Gallons, ideal for both freshwater or saltwater aquariums. Aqueon Pro uses Advanced gravity technology, and auto safety shut off feature turns off the heat when it reaches a specific temperature. this will be a great product overall, the best product for the value. for more such related information check best portable water heater reviews