inTank Media Baskets

Diogo's First Salt

Diogo Matias

Looks good Diogo! What will your next coral choice be? I did the same as you and started with a GSP. He was doing well so I bought a candy cane frag. He looks happy as can be after a couple weeks. I just added some really nice colored zoanthids and am now planning my next. Maybe a blasto but who knows. I like the clean lines of your tank. I'm looking forward to the updates.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my next coral I hope to get some nice zoas for the left side and ricordeas for the right.

Maybe a white xenia no the back top, but I'm afraid that it would grow too fast for the tank size.

I'm not planing none SPS or LPS for now, but don't close the door to them in the future.

Keep following. B)

looking good man. this tank could use a coral that grows into a large colony and extends into the water column. maybe start with a small frogspawn or hammer or torch frag and place it on the left (middle?) and let if overtake the whole left side of the tank. would look awesome if you grew something like that in this pico :) just a friendly suggestion.

The tank was buyed for about 15$. Not DIY. But I have some DIY things on it!

Thanks for the sugestion Newman. I'll add some zoas and ricordeas or LPS in close future. That long polip coral could be a good option but only after those. ;)

The tank was buyed for about 15$. Not DIY. But I have some DIY things on it!

Thanks for the sugestion Newman. I'll add some zoas and ricordeas or LPS in close future. That long polip coral could be a good option but only after those. ;)

Man where'd you get that for $15?!

Lovin' the sexies...thinking about getting a couple for my tank. I think I can handle three with coral-only 1G if I continue with my weekly 100% water changes.

• 3 weeks later...

i love the second pic. that one awesome way to view these types of tanks!

I know I'll be getting 3 sexy shrimp for my picotope eventually! lovin your close up shots that one!

• 5 months later...
seanyroche

Hi Diogo,

could you pm me a link to the ebay seller and the cost please regards Sean

Some news:

The cycle is almost completed. At least I'm unable to find neither amonia neither nitrites and nitrates are bellow 0,5 ppm.

Also I started the building of my ATO. It's almost finished so I'll put pics in here soon.

The last new is the biggest: the light finally arrive :D

Lampadaecaixa.jpg

Lampadaenviusada.jpg

LampadaLateral.jpg

LampadaTopo.jpg

And here an photo of it's colors:

LampadaLuz.jpg

I need now to buy a nice support for the bulb!

Feel free to comment!

Archived