SaltCritters.com

Upgrade to RSM 250

eguld

Here!... :lol:

Just a heads up my male mandarin is a total photo hog, he likes to get in front of the camera and show me how tough he is. It is very funny.

I also grabbed another Matted Filefish and a cardinal that looks like a shark (I would have used a picture but he has been hiding all day...).

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

Sorry to hear about the issues with your tank but I can tell you from these pics that your mandarin was on his way out. Looks very starved.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you get those aiptasia under control don't get rid of the peps. I did that in my tank and they came back. Got some more peps and all is good again.

Once you get those aiptasia under control don't get rid of the peps. I did that in my tank and they came back. Got some more peps and all is good again.

I also have two file fish that help but I do like the peppermints, even if they are one of the dumbest critters in my tank....

Sorry to hear about the issues with your tank but I can tell you from these pics that your mandarin was on his way out. Looks very starved.

He was I was dosing pods, live bbs, and trying to train him but end of the day he couldn't hunt effectively due to the aiptasia.

I have managed to find and feed the two circus clowns (one is in a very awkward place to feed...).

I have just moved my anemone and clownfish over from my 14G biocube and the anemone got a little cut, but seems to be recovering very fast.

and without further updates here is an updated pic!!!

b81fea16.jpg

So my watchman is not dead... he is sitting in the front of my tank. He is not eating but definitely alive. I believe it has been about 3 weeks since I last saw him and he is not much skinnier. I read online that they have a very slow metabolism.

I have managed to find and feed the two circus clowns (one is in a very awkward place to feed...).

I have just moved my anemone and clownfish over from my 14G biocube and the anemone got a little cut, but seems to be recovering very fast.

and without further updates here is an updated pic!!!

b81fea16.jpg

There's a reef in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! tank looks much better. algae will be easy to deal with. what kind of clean up crew are you working with?

There's a reef in there!!!!!!!!!!!!! tank looks much better. algae will be easy to deal with. what kind of clean up crew are you working with?

Not sure how I have left of my store bought clean up crew but I have a ton of stomatella snails and baby snails. But if I have to guess:

20-30 hermits (3 or 4 are scarlets the rest are blue legged/red legged/lefty)

5 or 6 cerith's (could have way more)

3 or 4 margherita's (could have way more)

1 turbo

1 or 2 cowries

20+ asterina starfish

2 small serpent stars

30-50 stomatella snails (could even be more...)

bristle worms (haven't seen many for awhile)

100+ baby snails (their shell is shaped like a margherita snail but it is all white)

probably 2 or 3 peppermints (hard to tell and the filefish seem to like them...)

Also have:

a ton of copepods (now that there are no mandarins)*

little bugs that may be baby brine or mysis shrimp (they have some red on them)

There is also this yellow stringy thing that is doing very well (probably a worm of some sort, seems harmless)

*I have put an order in for a mated pair of ORA psychedelic mandarins. I am waiting for the guy to get back to me with an estimate but I guess somewhere around 2-3 months. Less if I am lucky.

BTW I am not sure if I should remove some more rock. What do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After a long time with no updates here are a couple picks after my move last night to my new place!

bc01b2eb.jpg

62bc1214.jpg

Notice that there is alot less rock, I wanted to change things up and go with a more open style and maybe put in a fish that was very visible. :)

Just added in a Potters Angelfish. I have decided instead of adding more rock, I am going to see if I can get a few corals to climb the back wall.

Less rock = me seeing my fish more = :)

BTW fish update:

2 clowns

2 circus gobies

2 matte filefish

1 sixline wrasse

1 cardinal (not sure what kind)

1 watchman

1 potters angelfish

shrimp update:

1 pistol shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

Also worth noting I added in a phosphate media reactor 2 month ago and after my next water change I will be using bio-pellets in it to help with my overstocking.

• 3 months later...

Fish update:

2 clowns

2 circus gobies

1 matte filefish

1 sixline wrasse

1 cardinal (not sure what kind)

1 watchman

Other tank mates update:

1 pistol shrimp (want him out... since he is making my six line wrasse angry)

1 peppermint shrimp

2 long spined urchins (temporary to deal with hair algae breakout)

* lots of snails and hermit crabs :)

Also worth noting I added in a Vertex 20 media reactor yesterday with bio-pellets in it to help with my overstocking.

Also my RSM protein skimmer has been doing the micro bubble thing for the last 2 months or so and has been turned off, since then.

• 2 months later...

Since last post added a mini star fish (I have had this type before they stay small), a red tailed tamarin wrasse and I am holding a bag with a dying acro coral that I will use just because it looks interesting. In the dying coral there is a Trapezia digitalis (see link below for site I used to ID him), which is apparently a good guy.

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/coral_crabs-1.html

• 6 months later...

Archived