inTank Media Baskets

Byrdman's 40 Breeder

Byrdman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liking where this tank is headed. Corals are growing good and colors are really coming out on them. I honestly not sure about the whole bare bottom look but I am still slowly getting the old stuff out. I still have stragling byropsis in spots so I need more tech m to kill it off.

I don't think I could do the barebottom thing personally. I love my 40 beater... I just I didn't have to tear the damn thing apart to catch a coral munching flame angel.

I'm going to get all the old stuff out and make a decision then. My flame angel is in the tank still. He is a model citizen now.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished adding a little sand to my tank today. It's a very thin layer probably 3/8 thick is all. If only it would stay this white. Cut off some frags of my dark pink birdsnest and two of my red milli. Going to sell a few of my sps frags and move a couple around. My wife loves my Duncan coral and would like more "interesting" coral in the tank so I think I may grab a hammer or frogspawn after selling off a couple pieces. The tank itself is doing nice. Colors seem to be good and stuff is growing. I am down to .1 ml of vodka a day and at the end of this week I will be finished doing it. I want to keep this simple with dosing two part and doing wc. I have no complaints with vodka and mb7 dosing and if I need to later down the road I will start again.

I was Dosing for a while and I really think it hurt my growth. To be honest though I think it was depleting my alk and I just never paid any attention. I'm interested in the dark pink birdsnest, let me know when those frags are ready to be unloaded!

I believed it help me through early stages of tank as far as controlling algae and all that. I want a tank that is simple. I don't believe in all this technology out there. Well not that I don't believe in it per se I feel I can have a nice tank just by doing wc two part and stability.

I was thinking yesterday about how I could possibly use another mp10 to have flow coming from the other side of the tank but nahhhhh too much money. I'd prob end up getting it and putting it on my other tank, if I ever get that mess sorting out.

• 3 months later...

Well it has been quite a while since I have updated anything on the tank. Everything is growing very well. Alot of the coral I bought around Christmas last year has grown but it has puddled out and grown out from the puddles and not so much from the original coral. The acans are also doing extremely well I see so many new heads on them. Here are a couple pics I took with my iPhone. 

4a8480e5-e41e-8933.jpg

4a8480e5-e43c-b66a.jpg

4a8480e5-e453-b4a5.jpg

4a8480e5-e479-18c3.jpg

This coral here is all that's left from my first ever sps coral. I let my old 20 long get in bad shape and this was a half inch frag that was almost completely white. I treated it before I put it in my breeder and now it looks like this in about 6-8 months. 

4a8480e5-e53b-d1d4.jpg

Amazingly which I need to take a pic this coral has popped up about six inches away above this one. I honestly have no clue how this could be because the coral was glued to a plug and immediately put in a spot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived