SaltCritters.com

Phatty's 17 Gallon Mixed Reef

phattypeeps

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had made a change to an AI sol blue over the main tank and had moved the kessil to hang above an in sump refugium. Just recently however I have built a new cabinet to house the sump and upgraded my skimmer so there is no longer room for a refugium and the kessil has been put in storage. I have also added a kamoer doser and am starting to dose Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium. I hope to post pictures up of my new sump setup and tank soon. The main display is really thriving, however my online presence has really fallen off lately as I have used all my spare time in just focusing on working on the tank.

The upgrading of equipment is very time consuming. While dialing in the skimmer it overflowed, causing the ATO to come on and decreasing the salinity overnight. Several pieces of SPS bleached and one frag suffered RTN, however the majority have recovered fairly quickly. I am also in the middle of dialing in regular dosing amounts and elevating my Calcium and Alkalinity levels. I am very hopeful that this will really promote my SPS growth as it has been pretty modest up to now.

Archived