Cultivated Reef

Lighting Recommendation on a 20L

bobbo

I should really quit worrying about my 10g with the 96W powerquad and my 20l with the 130W PC and focus on my 120 anyway. I've got one 400W MH for it and am just trying to figure out what to supplement it with.

My light, the 20" CSL (Custom SeaLife...your pic is a Coral Life), has no major heat problems. The ballast get slightly warm...the top of the hood is as cold as it is when off. I can keep my hand underneath while it's on and feel no heat. The 2 fan upgrade cools it far much better...prob even better than the teenie tiny fans on the Coral Life hood. I was gonna' buy that hood...until I saw what it was. But because of the lack of room, I don't think you can do anything to it. :(

I plan to continue posting updates in my thread about expirence w/ my light...be sure to check it out! Also, my 20L has a 30" CSL on order and will be getting 2 70/w MH totalling 270 full spec watts:P

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

kraker, why stop with just 2 mh's? You need 2 x70w + add in 2x30w actinics :P

oh I will be using the 2 stock PCs...both sockets will be actinics...and their 65w's

2x70w MH + 2x65w actinics = 270 watts:P

oops wait, are you saying to add 2 more 30w actinics?? nawwww, thatd be too much blue ;) I was thinking (dreaming) of adding a 70w 6500k Iwasaki dead center...I have the ballast...just need to order the socket and the $80 bulb:*(

Hey Chronicles, that was actually a union meeting of Hermits Local 417. Oh wait, my bad, it was just a bunch of empty shells that I put in the tank so that they could snag them. Most of the emptys are spoken for already. I can't believe how fast those hermits grow. Must be my 130W of PC lighting. ;)

Archived