Innovative Marine Aquariums

SlowGoing - 29G Biocube ♣ Contest Tank ♣

SlowGoing

bhskicker18
What's that? The $35 shipping charges would deter anyone.

Donate it to me lol. I already have $60. $30 for my BioCube, $15 from the same purchase as my BioCube, and $15 from another purchase. But seriousley, if you don't want it, you can give it to me!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking the water parameters daily and not a single movement. pH @ 8.3, ammonia, nitrite, & nitrate are all at zero.

A lot of hermit poop. Can't wait to clean it out.

Donate it to me lol. I already have $60. $30 for my BioCube, $15 from the same purchase as my BioCube, and $15 from another purchase. But seriousley, if you don't want it, you can give it to me!

Nice try! LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

New pictures as of August 24th, 2010!

New Yellow Watchman Goby. Haven't picked a name yet... I'm thinking Hinde. (Goby Hinde - Pictured below)

post-54004-1282694464_thumb.jpg

New fire shrimp named, Sebastian.

post-54004-1282694568_thumb.jpg

Green Anemone ... May name it. Undecided.

post-54004-1282694634_thumb.jpg

Blue Mushroom, Blue Sponge, Random Zoas, and a portion of my Anemone pictured below.

post-54004-1282694679_thumb.jpg

Xenia is really growing fast and loving its placement.

post-54004-1282694740_thumb.jpg

nice YWG!!!!

have you put any thought into the nem? i upgraded by adding another 36w bulb (108w total) and people are saying it needs moar still.

nice YWG!!!!

have you put any thought into the nem? i upgraded by adding another 36w bulb (108w total) and people are saying it needs moar still.

I haven't made a decision yet. I know that I really should upgrade the lighting soon. There is a pair of anems that I would love to see thrive in my tank, but I do need more lighting. The current one is a bubble and he's good in PC.

I love your new additions! Especially the goby :)

The corals look great!

Thanks AM! I like the goby, too. Just the splash of color I wanted. I was really surprised to see him in the middle of the tank just hanging out today. He's finally getting used to the place.

The current one is a bubble and he's good in PC.

can you tell me where you heard this information? I started a post on here and the replies say the opposite is true. hmm,

edit : now its like 50/50 yes no

post-54004-1280524210_thumb.jpg

25gallons of premixed water. I paid $12.99 per 5 gallon container and then $1.00 per premixed gallon. Ended up only needing 20 gallons with all of the goods inside. The last five will be great for my first water change.

Where did you get those 5 gallon containers?

• 2 weeks later...
That Peanut Worm is a monster!

Yeah he is! I've only seen him once in 2 months.

I'll be posting pictures soon. Got to delete all of the fuzzies.

I am also taking a look at the Nanocustoms 5.6 LED kit. Really having troubles deciding if I can handle the install or not.

Hello other NC reefer....

As for the nem...just hope he doesn't sting anyone else! Someone else may have a trick at keeping him stationary but he's going to move around until he's happy.

LED builds are nothing. Just order the stuff and do it! The shimmer on the sand is worth it alone. No kidding.

Do you still have the damsel?

Glad to see the YWG in there...can't wait to get one myself.

Sorry to hear about the live rock robbery..it seems like it was from a nice holding tank though since you haven't had a real 'cycle' or anything. Glad to see things are going well for you here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Rudy.

I'll be updating this shortly. Went through a really busy spell there and had to move the tank to the new place.

All is well. Still in the contest :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just saw this. Things are looking great, I really dig your cocoa worm! Glad to see thing survived the move well, I may have to deal with that soon as well.

Hey, just saw this. Things are looking great, I really dig your cocoa worm! Glad to see thing survived the move well, I may have to deal with that soon as well.

Well good luck to you! I was lucky to have a good friend hold my livestock for a couple days while everything settled. Best decision I made.

Archived