inTank Media Baskets

Akwarius's 125g Zoa Heaven

Akwarius

This is a really cool setup, over time it will look incredible.

Thanks. The growout is taking forever! Im used to nano tanks that mature much faster. :)

Wow. Very nice aquascape.

Thank you. The only drawback is the lack of hiding spaces for the fish. They sleep under the eggcrate bottom at night!

Nice tank! Starting to wish I did my 125 like that, but no where to put it. :lol:

So do you have any rastas? Or simple things like green implosions? :lol:

Thanks. I have both of those, though I have to scrape the implosions from time to time to keep them from over-crowding. I wish that I had that problem with Rastas!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scottsdale454ss

Do you have any idea where all the different colored zoanthids come from? Are they discovered in the wild or is it possible to create your own? Just curious and figured you might know with your zoanthid addiction and all lol

Got any fuzzy millis?

Yes. Pink, Green, Watermelon, Palmers Blue, and Rommels rainbow.

Do you have any idea where all the different colored zoanthids come from? Are they discovered in the wild or is it possible to create your own? Just curious and figured you might know with your zoanthid addiction and all lol

The only polyps that can be "created" are from grafting palythoas such as nuke green and purple death. The only other way to mix morphs would be from a spawning event, and no one has reported zoa spawning in captivity.

SPEECHLESS :happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg

Now if only my wife were speechless... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Such an awesome idea! With a tank this big I guess the growout takes 1yr+ but it's going to be incredible once those SPS colonies start to fill in the spaces.

Beautiful tank

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
buddythelion
Some new pics:

vampirepalys.jpg?t=1282460181

If these are the Vamps on the site... Damn. A MUST have for me now. I'm very glad to see the tank that the z + p's I ordered from is amazing. Yup. This tank is now my model.

Thanks guys!

The decision was made to discontinue this tank last year due to some design flaws with the sump, which eventually turned into a maintenance nightmare.

A word of advice for anyone thinking of attempting a "zoa floor": have a plan for detritus removal. In hindsight, some sort of closed loop with return flow outlets along the bottom would have easily solved this problem.

• 5 months later...
Sure do miss seeing this tank Travis.

Thanks, I miss it too, at least, until I remember how it was a ticking time bomb. I learned a valuable lesson with that tank that many beginning and mid-level hobbyists often miss. That is, dont overlook maintenance accessibility. For long term success, every square inch of your system, inside and out, should be accessible and allow for disassembly. Otherwise, youre always going to wonder what lurks in that dark corner and much phosphate is it producing!

Archived