Pod Your Reef

Archipelago Contest tank

miniwhinny

Hey now I have two clowns, a shark and a blood red brittle...looks orange in this picture but it's actually a beautiful blood red with light red legs ;) I was feeling bad my tank was so empty !

tank27.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solid-looking stand

definitely overkill.

excellent

Thanks Shiver..everything is so square and level that NASA would be proud of us lol

Made two frames for the top and bottom.

36" legs because I don't want to have to squat down to look at my tank like I did with my store bought 29g aqueon stand.

stand03.jpg

Extra braces in the corners (not finished - had to take a break to recharge the cordless saw lol.

stand04.jpg

wow, you over-over-killed the stand even more!

great paint job

I'm not sure about the shark, but it is certainly well-executed

nice looking tank. you just made me start thinking about maybe a 40B.... hmmm....

Thanks everyone :D I'm honored that it's inspired folks. I've wanted a 40B for years and for anyone sitting on the fence...jump off...they're everything they're cracked up to be!

Yup, the stand sure isn't going anywhere lol. Which is fine. It's nice not having to worry about a collapse

Animalmaster, the beast is about 4 inches from end to end when stretched out.

Love your latest aquascape, with the center island higher, looks great. I am just starting a 40b and will definitely be watching the progress of your tank.

Love your latest aquascape, with the center island higher, looks great. I am just starting a 40b and will definitely be watching the progress of your tank.

Thanks genesis.

Now I have to decide how I'm going to place corals and what type lol.

Just put in an order for a 7 LED PAR 38 4 whites,3 blues. I want two but want to make sure I like them before getting both :)

I've been collecting pics to get an idea of what I want it to look like

archipeligo1.jpg

Just out of curiosity mini....Do you know the Title of the novel/book that this image came from?????

The shark is awesome! The theme is great! The whole package is SWEEEEET!

Just out of curiosity mini....Do you know the Title of the novel/book that this image came from?????

The shark is awesome! The theme is great! The whole package is SWEEEEET!

Thanks Wimby...hope they're not having sleepless nights ;)

Sorry, jagarang, I just found it on an image search for archipelago.

I'm really pleased the shark worked out. I wanted it to be tasteful and not distracting. When you look at the tank IRL he's the last thing you notice...but everyone has loved seeing it there so far :D I'd certainly try it again and would love to see someone with more artistic talents than me turn the back of their tank into a work of art inspired by my humble shark :)

Speaking of art... there's this German guy who did some really really neat things with his background giving some realistic looking effects. I'm not artistic enough, though someday I want to be able to try it. I'll post the link when I get home.

Here's the link: http://glassbox-design.com/2008/the-illusi...e-breuers-reef/

The actual page is in German, but there's a link you can click at glassbox.

Approx. how many lbs. of rock do you have in your configuration?

I'm not sure how much I have. I'd approximate between 25-30lbs. It's been moved around from smaller tanks so it's been a while since I bought/weighed it.

ajmckay - great link...giving me ideas for my next background lol ;)

Got a new toy up and running today...PAR 38 7 LED 80 degree lens (3 white/4 blue) WOW - I think I've harnessed the light of a million suns *grin*. I'm going to get two more now for the edges. I'm loving it !

tank28.jpg

tank29.jpg

Here's a few shots with my new PAR 38 only. I wanted to get one to see how I liked them...ordered a second yesterday ( I likey :D ) I'm putting one at each side angled in towards the center. They're a lot brighter than I thought they'd be and I thought they'd be bright !!!

tank30.jpg

tank31.jpg

tank32.jpg

Archived