Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could have bout about...12 SPS frags for $60 lol I bought most of the corals in my 10 gal nano from someone on ebay in bulk and i ended up paying $5 per frag.

i could have bout about...12 SPS frags for $60 lol I bought most of the corals in my 10 gal nano from someone on ebay in bulk and i ended up paying $5 per frag.

including shipping? :o

i forgot...but let me recheck my posts and see if i included the shipping in my calculation.

yes pretty much. it was $150 and 28 frags total that makes slightly over $5 per frag including the shipping. pretty nice deal. you might still find it on ebay.

i forgot...but let me recheck my posts and see if i included the shipping in my calculation.

yes pretty much. it was $150 and 28 frags total that makes slightly over $5 per frag including the shipping. pretty nice deal. you might still find it on ebay.

Nice, were they good frags? :)

The only thing is I don't like paying for shipping and buying to bulk :P

sure they were good frags. remember whats in my 10 gal?

Oh yeah! Hmm maybe I'll ask some friends if they want a bunch of frags :P

This looks wonderful, Christina. :happy:

I really dig the whole setup. And the chalice. :wub:

Thank you Blue!

Haha at least someone likes the chalice! :P

I need something yellow in this tank...like yellow polyps.

Here's some random pics

DSC06574.jpg

Monti cap frag Alto gave me, a little damaged, but it will grow back :)

DSC06577.jpg

Monti digi, you can see a new little nub on the side

DSC06580.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick Undata, lots of new little polyps on the edges :D

DSC06592.jpg

I thought the reflection of the leds + k-nano flow looked cool

altolamprologus
Yeah it was, maybe it got damaged in transportation? it was like that when I first saw it in the bag too

Aww I'm sorry!! I hate to give you damaged coral. I hope it's ok.

Aww I'm sorry!! I hate to give you damaged coral. I hope it's ok.

Lol it's fine! It will heal up soon! The polyps are out and everything, it's a nice bright green :D Thanks!

altolamprologus
Lol it's fine! It will heal up soon! The polyps are out and everything, it's a nice bright green :D Thanks!

You're welcome :) Random thought: Do you want a peice of the yellow leather? That would add a different color to the tank so it's not so purple.

You're welcome :) Random thought: Do you want a peice of the yellow leather? That would add a different color to the tank so it's not so purple.

:o I forgot about leathers lol! The only coral I could think of that was bright yellow were yellow polyps :lol:

I would love a piece :wub: Do you want to wait til it grows bigger first?

altolamprologus
:o I forgot about leathers lol! The only coral I could think of that was bright yellow were yellow polyps :lol:

I would love a piece :wub: Do you want to wait til it grows bigger first?

I guess I could give it another month or so to grow more so I can give you a bigger peice.

I guess I could give it another month or so to grow more so I can give you a bigger peice.

Lol the point is to let it grow so you can give me the same size piece, but you'll have a bigger colony

Finally got that acro shrimp out of a wild acro colony at the LFS, so I figured I'd take it home and try to ID it :)

Since it lives in acropora, I have to keep it in this tank since my 10g only has PCs :(

I got a mini colony for the awesome little guy, I'll get pics of the new acros and shrimp soon!

Hmm just read it can live w/o a host...but then it would probably hide all the time :( And mucus from the coral is part of its diet, so I guess I'll keep it with the acros in this tank :)

Oops just remembered I'm editing these pics on a laptop, sorry if they look funny

DSC06622.jpg

DSC06624.jpg

Here it's easier to see the whole shape

DSC06625.jpg

DSC06626.jpg

DSC06627.jpg

DSC06628.jpg

DSC06629.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

DSC06632.jpg

that new acro from yesterday, I moved it so it's polyps aren't out (they are light tan) it's also hard to see the blue tips :angry:

DSC06635.jpg

New mini-colony and shrimp acclimating

Anyways, I think the shrimp is called Coralliocaris superba and it can snap both of its claws like pistol shrimp, cool! The acro & shrimp are acclimating right now so I'll get better pics of the acro later

very jealous of the new acro and shrimp!

ditto.

Those new pieces are really going to fill up some area in that tank! You'll be fragging them shortly lol! Very cool

Archived