Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Boer's 5 Gallon Pico

fly_boer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
everytime i see this thread, i keep thinking I read flying boner

Sounds like one of those crazy wrestling moves, flying kick, flying kneedrop.... And here comes supernip with his Ultra Flying Boner...

I enjoying your tank and how everything settling in. I think i am in Zoa heaven.. Ahhhhh! Great stuff you have here bro.. keep doing what you do.

p.s. i like that yuma on the left side. is that the mother

Thanks guys.

I don't know it could be, i bought all of them in one purchase, it wasn't breed in my tank.

Well for nano, Yumas and Zoas all we have that varies in colors... other then that that its hard to find a coral with striking colors. Most of the great looking corals is imported from Australia and the prices are the same as in the states, maybe even pricier.

• 2 months later...

Update : 26 October 2010

Livestock :

1 Purple Firefish

1 Cleaner Skunk Shrimp

1 Porcelain Crab

FTS :

FTS26October2010.jpg

FTS126October2010.jpg

Left Side : Yuma Garden

YumaGarden1.jpg

Right Side : Zoa Garden

ZoaGarden.jpg

Top Down :

TopDownYumaGarden.jpg

TopDownZoaGarden1.jpg

Other Pictures :

TubeCoral.jpg

PorcelainCrab.jpg

Zoas.jpg

GreenOrangeYumaZoa.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Nice update! I like how you have that cave for your NPS. Your zoa garden is looking good. What is that purple thing on the top lefthand side of your tank? 'Some kind of macro?

BTW, I'll send you my firstborn for that Yuma! :lol: Awesome pic.

A red grape macroalgae, I wanted to fill that place with something red, the macroalgae was the cheapest solution, plus they say it'll also help with nitrates.

Yeah yuma rocks ! Other then zoa it looks like I'm going to start collecting some more yumas....

Mr. Microscope
A red grape macroalgae, I wanted to fill that place with something red, the macroalgae was the cheapest solution, plus they say it'll also help with nitrates.

Yeah yuma rocks ! Other then zoa it looks like I'm going to start collecting some more yumas....

Yeah, the macro will help with nitrates. Just make sure to keep it in check. Plants grow a lot faster than corals.

Oh, if I could collect Yumas, I'd be all over it. If you had a yuma dominated tank, it would be the talk of the forum. They are really expensive here. About double the price of a normal Ricordea. Especially for the really nice ones like you multicolored one. If you can afford to ship them internationally, you could make quite a profit. That one I like, for example (that I think you said you paid $2 for) could go for $50 USD easily. At least I'd pay that much for it.

If you had a yuma dominated tank, it would be the talk of the forum.

What you just said, really motivates me to look for more Yumas... It's not actually that easy to find a multicolored one here also, I just got lucky on these ones.

The cost of shipping and permits to get past customs, I'm sure is really expensive, that's why it cost higher there.

Mr. Microscope
What you just said, really motivates me to look for more Yumas... It's not actually that easy to find a multicolored one here also, I just got lucky on these ones.

The cost of shipping and permits to get past customs, I'm sure is really expensive, that's why it cost higher there.

Even a slow hunt would add up to an awesome tank over time.

But, yeah. I imagine shipping and all would be killer. 'Probably only be worth it if you could ship in mass bulk to a dealer here.

Here's some pictures I took today, It's pretty much the same stuff but I like how the Yuma looks on these pictures better then the one i took yesterday..

HalfFTS27October201.jpg

Yumas01.jpg

Yumas02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Awesome tank. I love the GSP and mushrooms. Have you seen good growth rates form them? What about your zoa's?

If you wouldn't mind tanking a look at my tank and giving me some feedback that would be great. I could really use some comments!!

• 2 months later...

Update 08 February 2011:

Rescaped the liverocks after neglecting the tank for a couple of months killed some corals in the process.

FTS08February2011.jpg

Aqua32.jpg

Aqua33.jpg

Thanks Sekkeee...

UnknownShrimp.jpg

Added a shrimp to the tank, need ID please...

If i added a Goby Shrimp can it be paired ?

is it an unknown shrimp under heavy actinic lighting? I need to see the claws and a good side view

It's hiding under a rock right now, can't take new pictures of it...

The claws are pretty much the same size, so I'm guessing not a pistol shrimp.

Some people has suggested that it could grow its clicker claws, but if not then it might be a regular lobster.

• 4 weeks later...

Update 07 March 2011:

4 Blue T5NO 8W, 1 Daylight T5NO 8W

FTS07Maret2011.jpg

2 Blue T5NO 8W, 1 Daylight T5NO 8W

FTS07Maret201101.jpg

Hi-finGobyShrimp.jpg

AnemoneShrimp.jpg

Shrimp.jpg

Thanks for looking...

that lone sexy looks sooooo sad in the last pic

but really nice tank. you dont even use a heater on this right? cuz the climate around there is perfect for reef?

Archived