Innovative Marine Aquariums

OzarksReef ADA 30-C Trimless

OzarksReef

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mbarton - good luck with your LED's - if they're adjustable (blue and white), you're gonna love playing with the different looks!

J-Ranko - I wanted to go with HOB to keep the inside of the tank open. No heater yet (won't need it until fall) - but I'm hoping to figure out a way to do that.

lilopop11 - thank you! I'm lovin' the cubes - but if I keep going smaller, my next one will fit in the palm of my hand!

disaster - I've thought about just going filter-less, but can't bring myself to it. HOB seems like the best option. I've seen canisters set up - but then you have the clutter of the canister to deal with. What other things are people trying?

BAN!! i swear thats too cool! he should be banned immediatly! j/k your tank is awesome! right from the get go its 2 thumbs up from me!

I think if you drilled the bottom of the tank and the bottom of the stand then you could have a canister directly under the tank. Cut the hoses short enough so that they will be perfectly vertical facing the bottom of the tank. That would be soooo sweet.

OR

Just cut the bottom of the stand right behind the edge of where the tank would sit. And rather than drilling the bottom of the tank you could drill the lower side of it and have your return and intake low and hard to see. And with the vertical hoses coming from the filter you could actually use a Hydor inline heater.

Thanks for all the feedback! Sammy, I'm really lovin' these lights you built! You wouldn't believe the crazy colors when I dial the RB's all the way up - it's really nice.

I considered drilling the tank and going with a sump, but I really wanted to go simple on this setup. I've got my 50-gallon cube with all the bells and whistles. I'm hoping to keep up with the needs of this tank with frequent, large water changes.

I'm also really curious to see how things color up and grow under LED's. I'm going to try to post regular updates on the progress....

• 2 weeks later...

Approaching the first two weeks for this new tank. Thought I'd update on progress B).

The puck powering the white LED's went out about a week ago. I've been running a 9-watt CF fixture along with the RB LED's to get by. I installed the new puck and potentiometer and got back up and running yesterday!

Here's a full tank shot - everything seems to be doing well so far:

FTS3-1.jpg

A view from the side - the toadstool and frogspawn open more fully in this tank than my main system:

Sideview.jpg

The eagle eyes still haven't decided if they like the new lights - but the sunbursts are lovin' it:

Zoanthids2.jpg

The dragon eyes are doing well - the WB is off a bit in this pic though:

Zoanthids.jpg

Right side of tank - there's a monti digi and spongodes in the center of the tank:

RightSide.jpg

And a view from the top!

TopDown.jpg

Approaching the first two weeks for this new tank. Thought I'd update on progress B).

do i have to wait 2 more weeks for ur update ? :P

I think, u must update Everyday, i love every single picture from ur tank.. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...
awesome shots!!! the tank looks excellent

Thanks a lot :) - I've been playing around the aquascaping a bit and have a few new shots to add later this evening.

Very nice tank.

Thank you! Can't wait until it fills in!

do i have to wait 2 more weeks for ur update ? :P

I think, u must update Everyday, i love every single picture from ur tank.. :happy:

;) - sorry for the delay, but hopefully the updated pics will be worth the wait!

I had a minor catastrophe with the AC50 filter after a water change a couple of weeks ago. I bought it used and it turns out that it had a crack along the side that wasn't very visible, but eventually began to leak. I mopped up the water and found this filter in my fishroom...

lg-33086-42379-fish-filter.jpg

It's a bit large for this little nano, but it does a great job and I really like the surface skimming! After a lot of re-arranging, here's an updated shot of the aquascape:

ADA-Aquascape.jpg

I've got it set up with carbon and a simple foam pad - it works pretty well and offers the perfect flow for the tank!

almost2old4this

sweet tank. i love all of your corals, i have the same surface skimmer as you do. and i would like to know if it keeps your surface crystal clean? :D:DB):lol::happy::huh:-_-:P:DB)

sweet tank. i love all of your corals, i have the same surface skimmer as you do. and i would like to know if it keeps your surface crystal clean? :D:DB):lol::happy:

Thanks - the tank had a "scum" of some sort on the surface before I began using this filter - it looks pretty clear now! If only it was a little smaller -_-

Updated tank shots B)

Here's some shots of the tank taken with my new Canon T2i (lovin' it!)...

FTS

ADA-FTS1.jpg

ADA-FTS2.jpg

Alpha & Omega Zoanthids

Alpha-n-Omega.jpg

Chili Pepper Montipora

ChiliPepper.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoanthids

EagleEyes.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoanthids

EagleEyes2.jpg

Toadstool