Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

Wow this is a amazing thread :bowdown:

What's the price range you and other breeders sale clowns for? If you don't mind me asking I'm looking to get a onyx or some type of onyx in a couple months I contacted rods reef and there breeding program is down they might have some in 6 months they said.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rods female died ,I have some of rods onyx, not what I expected ,n he said that he was going to retire the male I'wonder what he's gonna use ? I'm sure he kept some of the offspring ,rrcg50 has some nice onyx c-quest line maybe he'll sell u a pair.pm him

They sell you regular perc hoping the turn fully onyx,not the case I got 10 from them they send me 2 with only the head bar that how young they were at 1/2" 2 turn onyx one mis-bar here in the east coast are considered not kool those are consider cheap ,then the rest half black, don't go the cheap way bro I rather spend the 75+shipping for a true onyx fully black to the top fin ,get some c-quest lineage very strong they keep the black no matter what ,some of my rods turn back orange cuz I took them out of their nice tank with their frogspawn,hammers,n torch they host n place them in a smaller tank bare bottom ,they turn orange, now I have c-quest lineage on a 7g space bare bottom cheap light low flow n their black do not fade I love them check out my youtube video n u could see both rods onyx n c-quest line and my rods are straight from rods I have the invoice has proof my channel on YouTube is alrod7ify

Thats for an orange perc that may turn into a onyx.
you could say that again^^^^^^^^^

Now I know if you wanna get a onyx get a real onyx that is fully develope not the ones that a breeder tells you yeah,yeah,they will get color as they mature ,bull $hit they just want to make that sale they need to move those bad boys they take to much space n take upto 7-8 to onyx up they don't wanna wait that long ,scumbags

If is percs you want that both parents are c-quest (direct) from c-quest the ones who made the word ONyX I know some one who will sell you ,not colored at 4 month for like 30-35$ each minimum 10

They sell you regular perc hoping the turn fully onyx,not the case I got 10 from them they send me 2 with only the head bar that how young they were at 1/2" 2 turn onyx one mis-bar here in the east coast are considered not kool those are consider cheap ,then the rest half black, don't go the cheap way bro I rather spend the 75+shipping for a true onyx fully black to the top fin ,get some c-quest lineage very strong they keep the black no matter what ,some of my rods turn back orange cuz I took them out of their nice tank with their frogspawn,hammers,n torch they host n place them in a smaller tank bare bottom ,they turn orange, now I have c-quest lineage on a 7g space bare bottom cheap light low flow n their black do not fade I love them check out my youtube video n u could see both rods onyx n c-quest line and my rods are straight from rods I have the invoice has proof my channel on YouTube is alrod7ify

hey al, don't be so harse on RodOnyx. This is a great thread and like to see it get back on track and motivate more people to want to try breeding.

btw, if rccg50 hasn't sold everything already, he does have 3x nice onyx and 3x nice onyx picassos. i would go for the onyx picassos myself for the extra $$$ if you have the budget.

you could say that again^^^^^^^^^

Now I know if you wanna get a onyx get a real onyx that is fully develope not the ones that a breeder tells you yeah,yeah,they will get color as they mature ,bull $hit they just want to make that sale they need to move those bad boys they take to much space n take upto 7-8 to onyx up they don't wanna wait that long ,scumbags

If is percs you want that both parents are c-quest (direct) from c-quest the ones who made the word ONyX I know some one who will sell you ,not colored at 4 month for like 30-35$ each minimum 10

As a heads up, there are many beautiful rods onyx out there. I'm pretty sure that a lot of breeders don't get 100% onyx out of their broods so it's not their bad that the offspring don't turn out to be onyxs when they're that young.

But yes, you could pay more and get what you're looking for. RRCG has some phenomenal clowns. :)

Al it very passionate about onyx. He bought a bunch of them and got shafted because they did not turn out that way.

If you want a nice onyx then buy a nice onyx. Don't buy into something you don't like now in hopes it will change in the future

hey al, don't be so harse on RodOnyx. This is a great thread and like to see it get back on track and motivate more people to want to try breeding.

btw, if rccg50 hasn't sold everything already, he does have 3x nice onyx and 3x nice onyx picassos. i would go for the onyx picassos myself for the extra $$$ if you have the budget.

Not at all ed just doing a review of something I bought n not 100% happy with them :) just watching out for someone ill do the same for you ed ,that is just my opinion n my personal experience no harms intended just good deed here..

As a heads up, there are many beautiful rods onyx out there. I'm pretty sure that a lot of breeders don't get 100% onyx out of their broods so it's not their bad that the offspring don't turn out to be onyxs when they're that young.

But yes, you could pay more and get what you're looking for. RRCG has some phenomenal clowns. :)

Rods onyx are nice, the ones that become onyx he is also a very nice guy but 2 out of 10 became onyx all I'm saying any breeder shouldnt sell percs as onyx grade if they are not ready even if you are the best breeder in the word .

Thanks for all the advice guys u guys are giving me some great tips on the onyx breed have any of you ever dealt with some SA onyx those are c quest line right?

Al it very passionate about onyx. He bought a bunch of them and got shafted because they did not turn out that way.

If you want a nice onyx then buy a nice onyx. Don't buy into something you don't like now in hopes it will change in the future

+1 agree. A lot of people like the misbars and partially orange look. But for those who want a true nice Onyx, yes, get one that's already changed, it's only a few months older.

Not at all ed just doing a review of something I bought n not 100% happy with them :) just watching out for someone ill do the same for you ed ,that is just my opinion n my personal experience no harms intended just good deed here..

Rods onyx are nice, the ones that become onyx he is also a very nice guy but 2 out of 10 became onyx all I'm saying any breeder shouldnt sell percs as onyx grade if they are not ready even if you are the best breeder in the word .

I hear you. Thanks for your insight and reviews, it is respected. I just like to get back to the topic of this thread and have more exciting posts from rrcg50 and discuss that topic. LoL

Thanks for all the advice guys u guys are giving me some great tips on the onyx breed have any of you ever dealt with some SA onyx those are c quest line right?

Yes, I've had their Onyx, some are really nice and some are OK. This is typical of all breeders, you don't get perfect everytime. Locally, in SF Bay Area, a lot of bad posts on SA clowns. I personally had not experience with SA. Usually bad fish is whoever picks the fishes for shipment out to the stores, didn't good job as anything defect should never be kept, but culled. All breeders go through this.

If you want some nice quality Onyx, AlphaCorals has some too. AlphaCorals usually carries SA Onyx. I would recommend that you check with rrcg50, as he does have a few nice ones.

Clownsushi don't for get about him ,he's one of the few that's breeding c-quest line onyx you could actually see his onyx broodstock on action he has a you tube videos ,just a perfect example of true onyx, you can't go wrong I wish I had a breeding pair of onyx direct from the c-quest hatchery when it was open ,+ Jason from clownsushi is a very nice guy he will answer any question you have I like dealing with people like JasonG,richie, n a few more they share their mistakes that they have perfected each with diffrent style

Wow...someone actually counted them?! Amazing! That's a huge nest Rich, congrats man!

So far I think one of the largest to date.

I started using larger tubs instead of my 10 gallon tanks and it seems that the survival rate has skyrocketed. I'm very happy with the results

So far I think one of the largest to date.

I started using larger tubs instead of my 10 gallon tanks and it seems that the survival rate has skyrocketed. I'm very happy with the results

Do you have your tubs plumbed to a sump as well for when they get older?

Do you have your tubs plumbed to a sump as well for when they get older?

i have a seperate septup that i can move the little ones out to at that time. this was a trial run to see if i get rid of some of my 10 gallon tanks. My success rate stated to fall afetr meta so i decided to go with a bigger tanks so there was less competition. So far it seems to have really helped the numbers out. Its a little more costly to run them but if the results stay the same im sold on using them permanently.

i have a seperate septup that i can move the little ones out to at that time. this was a trial run to see if i get rid of some of my 10 gallon tanks. My success rate stated to fall afetr meta so i decided to go with a bigger tanks so there was less competition. So far it seems to have really helped the numbers out. Its a little more costly to run them but if the results stay the same im sold on using them permanently.

That's good to hear. I've been kicking the idea around, and since it might be awhile before I see another clutch, I might just do an overhaul on the hatching station.

Archived