Pod Your Reef

Another 5.5 Gallon Pico

echopiece

I tried an Ushio 20k bulb and it was REALLY blue and kinda dim looking.

Tbh, I was never able to find a 70w MH bulb I really liked.

What about getting one blue Ecoxotic LED Stunner Strip to accent with a little more blue instead?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing about the stunner strip. I have two of them on my other tank and I really like them. That being said, do I have a big decision to make on a 14k bulb? Is ushio ok in 14k? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

A new update is looming B) . As I was telling Newman, I had a pretty big setback a few weeks ago. I tried replenishing my 100ml bag of Purigen with bleach per the instructions and after putting it back in the tank lost about $250 worth of corals over night! I even let the purigen soak in ro/di for over 48 hrs continually rinsing it with fresh water. It smelled perfect without any trace of bleach. Needless to say, I will never do that again over an $8 bag of purigen.

Anywho, it gave me the opportunity to start over and try a new setup that I've been wanting to do. I bought a new deep blue AGA with black silicone and de-rimmed it. I'm going with white sand and new fiji LR as my other stuff was infested w/ vermitid snails and flatworms. I'm dipping everything I put in this tank from now on.

Also, I ordered a 12" 453nm stunner strip and an RKL for mainly temp control. I'll update this thread or start a new one when everything is setup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know Jay, we are constantly learning in this hobby. The new tank is cycling and almost ready for an update. I've been super busy lately, but will update soon!

Archived